Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Black Snakes make you moan?

This nympho walks into a bar ...
Soon after I started this blog in 2002,  I found, and was captivated by, this picture somebody had posted without identifying who it was.  Later I found out it was actress Christina Ricci, whom I had never to my knowledge, before yesterday, seen on film.  That movie was Black Snake Moan.  Is that the worst, least enticing movie title in history, or what?  Only Showtime's On-Demand description enticed me to give it a try. Yes, to see this Ricci girl, but mostly for Samuel L. Jackson who's a damned good actor.  Afterward, when I told MoSup, who'd been in and out of the room while I watched, that I'd just seen a pretty good movie, she said  "It didn't sound like it to me."   Which is your clue that the language is gamy, at best.  Like I said though, a pretty good movie, or I wouldn't waste the ink talking about it. 

PS. - Oddly enough, it actually qualifies as a chick-flick on many levels. Except maybe for the black snake parts.

PPS. Justin Timberlake is weak.

Trailer

11 comments:

SoylentGreen said...

Now come on, King. I really, really don't think I can get the missus to watch that. I need about three persuasive arguments.

Anonymous said...

Ricci is very good in Monster, the movie based off the true story of a female serial killer in Florida. Ricci portrays the lesbian lover of the killer. Highly recommended. drummermanrick

cmblake6 said...

I quite liked "Black Snake Moan". I do like Southern Blues music. And the story line was really good as well.

TimO said...

"it was actress Christina Ricci, whom I had never to my knowledge, before yesterday, seen on film."

Never seen any of the Addams Family films???? Little Wednesday has grown up....

Rodger the Real King of France said...

nope ...

Josh Fahrni-Barn Army Dog Catcher said...

Never saw 'Casper' the live action movie?

Rodger the Real King of France said...

nope

Anonymous said...

Well...Did Black Snake Moan?
ozaoB

Anonymous said...

She has done quite a few off-beat movie that were, for the most part entertaining.
Miranda- pretty good who dunnit.
Buffalo66- strange doesn't begin fit here.
Prozac Nation- real good portrayal of bi-polar.

Just to name a few.

Spin

Rodger the Real King of France said...

"Prozac Nation- real good portrayal of bi-polar."

?

Prozac is prescribed for clinical depression. Bi-polar, aka manic depressive, is a different animal, with different candy.

molonlabe28 said...

It is a fine flick, Rodge.

Ricci and Samuel Jackson both put in excellent performances.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.