Friday, May 29, 2009

The Fix

THUG NATION

Court records reviewed by The Times show that career Justice lawyers were seeking a default judgment and penalties against the three men as recently as May 5, before abruptly ending their pursuit 10 days later.

People directly familiar with the case, who spoke only on the condition of anonymity because of fear of retribution, said career lawyers in two separate Justice offices had recommended proceeding to default judgment before political superiors overruled them.



During his January confirmation hearings, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. said that during his lengthy Justice Department tenure, the career lawyers were "my teachers, my colleagues and my friends" and described them as the "backbone" of the department.

"If I am confirmed as attorney general, I will listen to them, respect them and make them proud of the vital goals we will pursue together," he said.

Justice officials declined to say whether Mr. Holder or other senior Justice officials became involved in the case, saying they don't discuss internal deliberations.
More and more I'm thinking the shooting will be started by them, this rogue gummint.

4 comments:

badanov said...

"If I am confirmed as attorney general, I will listen to them, respect them and make them proud of the vital goals we will pursue together," he said.Uphold the law. That's your job. That's what you're s'posed to do, you low expectation-having m*therf*cker!

Anonymous said...

I predict this will soon to be our new national anthem.

olds-mo-william

Grumpyunk said...

"More and more I'm thinking the shooting will be started by them, this rogue gummint." - Stop it. Yer shittin' me, right?

Chains we can believe in!

cmblake6 said...

So, I got about 30 seconds into that horsepuke noise. I hate cliches so much. Slimy piece of pig tripe.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.