Sunday, May 10, 2009

Presidential Currency

Presidential Currency


Chrissie sent me this in PPS (PowerPoint) format, and it tickled me.  I wanted to convert it to video, and let You Tube pay for the bandwidth, a pretty straightforward task after you've done it as often as I.
  • Do a screen capture on each panel, extract the soundtrack and remix it all as a .WMV file. Ten minutes.
But, after review, I noticed that two panels were missing, the Lincoln and Grant  currency shots.  Okay, I replayed the PPS and ... WTF?  Nothing on the clipboard,  I did this several times before  paying attention to this Action Notice! - that I thought was part of the PPS.

 Nuh-uh.  Somehow both picture editor programs I use are programmed to recognize US currency, and disallow it's capture.  Zone Alarm was asking permission to allow access by someone (denied).  I expect the Treasury Dept. will be sending a task force .  All that trouble to protect our currency, and they go and let Democrats be in charge.  Don't make sense. 

Oh.  Thanks Chrissie.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most new scanners will not allow you to scan currency, and paint programs will not allow you to edit currency.

Yup they know what you are scanning.

Modern printers microscopically add the serial number of the printer to each line of print.

You should have been scared a long time ago instead of waiting until Obama became President.

Anonymous said...

Now if the Gov't can stop NK, China and Iran from printing greenbacks they will have accomplished something worthwhile.

Javert

Gerry said...

I ran a graphics shop years ago and had a high-end color scanner/printer installed. The tech warned us that the unique way the Mint does faces on the bills would set off security locks on the printer and if the machine locked up for this reason several times they were required to call the Treasury department who would come out and question the users for counterfeiting.

We had a few images of faces refuse to print and after comparing them to currency we began to suspect that it was the light reflections in the eyeballs that the machine was detecting.... anything that was similar to the President's in currency would not print.

Wild Thing said...

WOW that is really interesting, oh my gosh. I never would have thought that would happen.

The other day I wrote on a dollar bill. heh heh I just could not help myself. Just two lil ole words....
F Obama.

But I spelled out the F word on the dollar bill.
Just doing my part for my country.

Anonymous said...

Look for an octagonal arrangement of yellow dots. Use a blue/red filter and it will be obvious. The printer/copier/scanner firmware is detecting this pattern and blocking.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.