Monday, July 20, 2009

Mo Ammo, Mo Ammo


Sales of semi-automatic guns have fallen sharply, but now it's the bullet manufacturers who can't keep up with demand. In most cases locally, however, retailers are experiencing no long-term, across-the-board shortages.

"There are just more people that are panic-buying, and the manufacturers are going to keep smiling as long as they continue to do it," said Joan Garrett, who has sold guns and ammo at Quint's Sporting Goods in Saraland for 30 years.

Politics and the economy are both are work, according to manufacturer representatives who've spoken to Garrett.  [Press-Register cont]
"Politics and the economy are both are work."  Freudian slip, or truth-is-truth declaration? 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I paid almost a buck a round this weekend for 30.06, and was damned glad to find it. The Crossroads of the West Gun Show was in San Diego, and I've never seen more people there. The line to get in had well over a thousand people in it, and the line to buy ammo was also unbelieveable.

Casca

molonlabe28 said...

Yes, the great ammo famine of 2009 is upon us and wreaking its wrath across the USA.

Maybe the Chinese can help us out on this one, too.

ChuckMartel said...

I went to my local gun range last week and found cases of .223s for sale stacked hip-deep. I was surprised.

badanov said...

I went to my local gun range last week and found cases of .223s for sale stacked hip-deep. I was surprised

My guess is that people want 5.56 ammo because it can be fired from both .223 and 5.56mm.

BTW the other day I saw Russian made 5.45x39mm ammo for less than $0.12 a round for about 1,200 rounds for the AK-74.

Anonymous said...

Don't get too excited, ACORN could be using some of that stimulus money to buy ammo also.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.