Wednesday, June 30, 2010

David "Brock" Frum

Epistemic Closure Watch

Boned Jello

By way of Andy "don't call me Andy" Sullivan I learned of this John Hawkins/David Frum kerfuffle
Hawkins runs the conservative blogads hive. When FrumForum applied for entry, Hawkins refused. He gives an explanation here  of his reasons.

[T]he mainstream media loves “conservatives” and “Republicans” who will trash whomever the Left hates most. So, if you’re willing to talk about how Sarah Palin is a hick, Glenn Beck is a crank, Rush Limbaugh is bad for the country, and the Tea Party is bad for  democracy, the mainstream media will reward you  –  and because conservatives pride themselves on being open minded, they’ll all too often give you a pass for your atrocious behavior — especially since the MSM doesn’t insist you play their game all the time. As long as you’re willing to say what they want about the people they hate the most, they’ll reward you with a cover story at Newsweek and then in your off time, you can churn out a few articles to point gullible conservatives towards while you’re trying to guilt them into taking you seriously by crying   “epistemic closure!”

Frum has a too cute by half response. I don't know what happened to David Frum.  He was tapped to serve in Dubya's White House as Special Assistant to the U.S. President for Economic Speechwriting.  I forget the details, but it seems to me his wife let slip some indiscretion that embarrassed Bush, and Frum went into the dog house.  In any event it seems David came down with a case of  David Brock disease.  Going here and simply scrolling  through the headlines pretty much makes Hawkin's case.  I rule in favor of the defendant.

3 comments:

LargeBill said...

That's odd. I like to think I pay pretty close attention to the political landscape, I never heard that Brock was out as queer. It is no surprise as he gave off that vibe. I just assumed he was an Ivy League grad. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but Frum has not been outed yet has he? He is just in the Kathleen Parker, Peggy Noonan school of faux-Republican that will play "conservative" to get a job and then will trash any actual conservative in order to suck up to the intelligentsia they dream of being accepted by and attending parties with.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

I'm sorry if my ill-considered segue led you to see a gay link between Frum and Brock. My intended analogy was that both used imagined slights by their friends after attacks from the left to retaliate against the friends and side with the attackers. A sort of *snark*holm syndrome.

BlogDog said...

Frum's wife took credit for Frum's coinage of the term "axis of evil." She's as stupid as he is. Though the phrase resonates.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.