Monday, July 05, 2010

Ice Cream Machine

Here it is!

Boned Jello
This is the Cuisinart ice cream maker that people on this blog bought for us. I thought I'd have to do that whole custard thing, where you blend eggs, and sugar and then introduce into hot milk, etc.  But no. I found another recipe which is this.

1 cup milk
1 cup cream
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp Vanilla

Pour it in the bucket, set the timer for 20 minutes and presto.  Truly great tasting ice cream, but everyone agreed that the sugar needs cutting back.  The machine auto stops when a certain consistency is reached, which resembles the Dairy Queen product.  I put the pail in the freeze for about 30 minutes and it firmed up nicely.  The suggested retail is $399, so $139 was a great bargain for this refurbished WOOT (that came in new packaging).  It's called commercial grade, which I take means durability, because you can only make a quart and a half at a time.  It has a small footrint, but is heavy as all hell.  Thanks again y'all.  My kids and granddaughter thank you too. 



6 comments:

Tom Smith said...

Bought one the same day and spent hours looking for the right recipe. I made the non-egg first and the custard yesterday. Both good but the non-egg is so easy and the machine rocks.

Anonymous said...

My ex-wife used to have an ice cream recipe that included rum. Lots and lots of rum. But, like everything else she had, it disappeared when she did, including most all of my stuff too. Got to keep the Gold Cup and the M1A, somehow or another. So it wasn't a total loss.....

Come to think of it, would have been cheap at twice the price. But I digress.

An ignorant dickweed said...

http://www.instructables.com/id/Ice-Cream-Recipes/

http://the-cooking-of-joy.blogspot.com/search/label/ice%20cream

An ignorant dickweed said...

That cooking of joy has a bacon-carmel/maple ice cream.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

I LOVE run-raisin ice cream. I dare not make any.

Anonymous said...

for the coffee lovers, add a packet [or less - to taste] of that new Starbux instant coffee - yummmmmmmmmm

e~C

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.