Saturday, April 09, 2011

Stuff

potporry
Via  View From The Porch ...

This just in...

Indiana Tam
   As the shutdown approaches, we have received top secret spy-cam footage of a high-level government meeting. Unfortunately, it was unsigned, so I can't tell if it came from the office of Reid, Boehner, or even the Big O himself... Anyhow, here it is: Click to Watch. ”
As an aside to that bombshell, Tam writes:

“

That's, like, a million in blog years.

Fifteen years ago, I had a 14.4k modem in a Pentium 133-powered Compaq Deskpro, but no 'net connection at home. The only web surfing I did was occasionally at work; it wasn't 'til a pending layoff coincided with AOL offering flat-rate monthly pricing that I bothered installing the internets on my home machine.  [...] Had I been aware of it, I could have pointed my shiny new Explorer icon at the web log of one Charles G. Hill, which is celebrating its fifteenth birthday today. [cont]
”

Fifteen years?  That's 1996! I had just started to post on the New York Times bb, and the brand new WaPost bb (moderated by Howard Kurtz). In 2007 I discovered Free Republic, which at the time had about 5 readers (but was listed on Drudge as "Whitewater.") .  Jim Robinson taught me how to use HTML.  Anyway, I stumbled across BlogSpot on April 2, 2002, and posted my first gem two days later.

“
Kornheiser and Wilbon have the best sports show on television, but insist on lifting their dresses and displaying leftist pubes way too often.
”

Until now, I figgered I was one of the longest running bloggers, but I'm not even close. But wait - I just noticed that (if you use IE) the interactive SodraK at the shooting gallery still works!  Bam Bam Bam.

2 comments:

Merrily said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

I miss the old header and it was nice seeing it again.

H the Comet

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.