Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Petty Officer Jon T. Tumilson
and friend 'Hawkeye' .

Petty Officer Jon T. Tumilson
and friend "Hawkeye"
Navy Seal JonTumilson and his dog Hawkeye


Hey Rodg-  Don’t know if you've seen this one but break out your Kleenex.  What a powerful picture.  With one click they captured the sadness of losing such a great man. These pictures were taken at the funeral of Navy Seal Jon Tumilson.  His canine Hawkeye would not leave the casket.  

jodi

Jon T. Tumilson
Date Of Birth: July 1, 1976
Date Of Death: August 6, 2011

            Petty Officer Jon T. Tumilson, 35, a native of Rockford, died Saturday, August 6, 2011, while conducting special operations combat in Afghanistan.  He was born July 1, 1976, at Osage, Iowa. [Site]


Navy Seal JonTumilson and his dog Hawkeye
Navy Seal JonTumilson and his dog Hawkeye

Kleenex indeed.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

May He Rest In Peace : ( > smibsid

BlogDog said...

I appear to be leaking ocular fluid. Soldiers and their dogs. It'll do it every time.

Anonymous said...

Shai Dorsai!

May all of us strive to be as good as our dogs believe we are.

Brigadier Major Mike

TimO said...

Damn, there's a lot of dust in the room today...

I-RIGHT-I said...

Not one of our guys should be required to give up their life to spare civilian casualties. I'm guessing that's why this man died. If there's a reason to kill one there's a reason to kill them all. I'm so sick of the waste of our best on the Middle East heathen.

BobG said...

Excuse me, I have something in my eye...

Anonymous said...

I-RIGJHT-I he died in the chopper with 30 other members of his team. They were going to kill some Taliban.

Spunky Texan said...

makes me sick to my stomach to think that something went terribly wrong with this whole seal team 6/bin laden kill. Stinks to high heaven.

My heart breaks every time I see this picture.

SharkBait said...

NUTS. I have so much to say here that I just can't say anything. We love and cherish our DevGru boys dearly, and this is a blow that strikes deep. You Iowa boys are rough and tumble, and always ready for a spoil. Thank you for your service Tumilson. Tip of the spear, indeed. Godspeed, boys.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.