Monday, February 13, 2012

The High Price of Telling the Truth about Islam


  
The High Price of Telling the Truth about Islam

 
The article below is written by Eric Allen Bell, a filmmaker who was recently banned from blogging at  the “Daily Kos” because he wrote three articles that ran afoul of the mindset there, specifically naming “Loonwatch.com” as a “terrorist spin control network.” This article first appeared in our Feb 7 issue and we have decided to rerun it due to the massive interest and reaction it received. [FRONT PAGE]



As I looked at a sea of Palestinian flags and college kids banging on drums I felt a certain frustration – frustration based on a series of events that have changed my world view.

Res Ipsa Loquitur
In the Summer of 2010, having recently escaped Hollywood, CA to take a much needed break from my profession as a film maker, I was driving in my car listening to a story on NPR.  It seems the people in my new home of Murfreesboro, TN were up in arms over the proposed construction of a 53,000 square foot mega mosque, to be built in their small town in the middle of the American Bible Belt.

I listened carefully, to the sound bytes, of those who had shown up to a town hall meeting to voice their opposition and, as someone who was rather new to the South, I was surprised by what I was hearing.   “America is a Christian nation and there is only one God and his name is not Allah and his son is Jesus Christ” and “America is a Christian Nation” and “These Muslims do not share my values and I don’t want them in my backyard”.  Growing up in Southern California, I had never heard anything like this before in my life.  And I started to follow the story with great interest.

[...]

Everything I have told you up until now – this version of my story – is exactly how I was seeing things up until something changed.  I went home to Los Angeles ... [Full].





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The scales have fallenfrom his eyes.
There is hope for some.
Interesting he noticed the youth indoctrination, just what we've been saying for a generation.
Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick

Rodger the Real King of France said...

I feel the same way. Some at least are figuring things out. When that somebody makes movies, it's very good news.

Grumpyunk said...

It's a damn shame that no one will get to see his movie because of the leftists and the peaceful ones.
Good article though & one can only hope his awakening spreads to others.

Anonymous said...

That was an excellent series. Thanks for posting that, Rodger.

I often get disheartened about liberal control of the education system. Then I run into youngsters who are fully aware that what they are being spoon fed is 100% BS. Thank the gods for truth like this available on the internet.
GrinfilledCelt

Anonymous said...

Reading this guy's article, I see that his head is still stuffed with liberal lies:

"Have I become a Conservative out of all of this? Not really. I still oppose the invasion of Iraq. I still feel that all wars should be avoided unless absolutely necessary. I still think that George W. Bush was one of the worst things to happen to America in my lifetime. I still support marriage equality. But I’m also still pro-life. Do you see a trend here? I support human rights and oppose anything which I perceive to be in violation of human rights."

As far as I'm concerned none of that precludes him from being a conservative. Some might say that being pro life does but some of those ideas are solidly conservative (He capitalizes it. Outside of GB I have no idea what that means). That's how I came to conservatism - I slowly realized I always was one.
GrinfilledCelt

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.