Sunday, June 17, 2012

... the American Military Coup of 2012

Police State Culture


The Origins of the American Military Coup of 2012


                  CHARLES J. DUNLAP, JR.

Back in 1992 the Pentagon’s Joint Chiefs of Staff held a "Strategy Essay Competition."
The winner was a National War College student paper entitled, "The Origins of the American Military Coup of 2012." Authored by Colonel Charles J. Dunlap, Jr. the paper
is a well documented, "darkly imagined excursion into the future." The ostensibly fictional work is written from the perspective of an imprisoned senior military officer about to be executed for opposing the military takeover of America, a coup accomplished through "legal" means. The essay makes the point that the coup was "the outgrowth of trends visible as far back as 1992," including "the massive diversion of military forces to civilian uses," particularly law enforcement.



I skimmed the first few pages and usually get bored and move on. After 4 pages and read with a bit more intent and found this worth passing on.


With due credit to

Tom Smith

8 comments:

leelu said...

Interesting. Key premise seems to be circumvention of Posse Commitatus. I doubt it would happen under Obie's watch, because the solution to the most immediate National Security Threat would be to ride his ass out of D.C. (and the country) on a rail.

OTOH, his head seems to be so far up his rectum, that might not occur to him.

Anonymous said...

I didn't get very far into it before I read "the military exists to support and defend the government, not be the government". Isn't the oath to defend the constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic?

Ignore Amos

cmblake6 said...

I'm all for a military coup, and the return to the Constitution as law of the land.

Anonymous said...

They just found Rodney King dead ! I'm so sad ; ) > SMIBSID

Kristophr said...

cmblake9: That statement was completely self-contradictory.

Once you have made your omelet, those eggs are gone forever.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Ignore Amos. My oath was to support and defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies, foreign and domestic. If that includes the United States Government, well, so be it.
Near as I can tell, although I've been retired 22 years now, nobody ever released me from my oath.
Pvt-Cdr(SS) MichigammeDave

rickn8or said...

Dave, I don't recall seeing any such release in my discharge papers either.

We're just not required to do it 24/7/365 anymore.

Volunteered for the Barn Army "just because."

Anonymous said...

It seems to me that my discharge never said anything about me being released form the oath that I took. Therefore I guess that we are still duty bound to follow it in all cases until relieved.

DE644

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.