Thursday, April 25, 2013

Prime Suspect BBC

   At The Cinema                           


Prime Suspect, BBC
Best Series Ever



I expected that Prime Suspect was a Helen Mirren movie.  But it's better than that.  It's a series.  Here's the episode that hooked me, and it's probably important that it i your first.  After that, watch at will.  Now here's the part that I'm most proud of.  I'm thinking, "This is such a great series that I'm surprised the sterile minds in Hollywood haven't latched onto it." 

Prime Suspect | NBC
www.nbc.com/prime-suspect/
From director Peter Berg comes the re-imagining of the British television hit starring Maria
Bello as the tough-as-nails detective who doesn't know when to quit.

Do I know those pinheads or what?  Re-imaging indeed.

As for Sir Helen Mirren, I thought she was hot stuff when she drove the reasonably priced car on Top Gear, and here she is a decade earlier.  Hot stuff.

Also,  episodes appear to be available on You Tube.  You're welcome.
Disclaimer:  Movie critic TRKOF never goes to the cinema, does not watch network television, does not pay attention to other reviews, and operates in a vacuum. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only British actress that is better than Dame Helen Mirren is Dame Judi Dench. And both of them are infinitely better than any of the American actresses with the possible exception of Meryl Streep.

iri said...

Meryl Streep is butt ugly so the Brits finally win one. Don't know about her acting 'cause I've never seen her more that 10 seconds at a time.

Anonymous said...

My problem with Meryl Streep is she is never in a movies I particularly want to see and what one Hollywood type once snarked, "A lot of critics like Streep because they can see her "acting"." Which also says something about the directors and producers who keep casting her.

jdallen said...

Ms. Mirren in her early films was more than a little, uh, tittilating.

Check out Hussy. Movie kind of sucks, but she is looking good.

jd

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Streep -- Nobody saw Deer Hunter? Or "the dango ite moy biby?"

Alear said...

I thought Meryl was great in "Sophie's Choice".

iri said...

"Streep -- Nobody saw Deer Hunter?"

I watched that movie once a long time ago. Was she the Vietcong dude passing the revolver back and forth?

Anonymous said...

I take it you still haven't seen "The Unit"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460690/

thoR~

Anonymous said...

I watched every episode of Prime Suspect (USA) starring Maria
Bello. I was pissed when it was canceled.


CF in CO

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.