Friday, November 01, 2013

A lost Leoanrdo


art is everywhere                                                




  Leonardo Lost

This is the utterly captivating story about trying to prove that a 18th century "sketch," that sold for $20,000 is really a 15th century masterpiece by Leonardo da Vinci worth $100 million.  And, a year after the documentary was made, there are more surprises.  .

At he very least you will learn more about da Vinci's art than  you might imagine.

I know, and you're welcome.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Karia that Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings too.
Tim

Anonymous said...

I'll give it a go. If I Were You was a definite winner.

jd

iri said...

Not to be persnickety or anything the feature noted that the drawing was purchased by the owner for $22K not $20M. Also noted is that the owner who paid $22K turned down $80M for the work even though it is unauthenticated. That tells me it's not for sale. He may regret that. I'm disappointed though that we did not get a definitive disposition on the artist.

As an aside I noticed that most of the extant portraits of the Master are of hot women with only one exception, poor thing. I think that fact puts to rest the assertion of the Homosexual Mafia that Leonardo was a poofter. I mean Di Vinci not Di Caprio.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Yeah, that's what I meant. Good catch.

iri said...

Good catch yourself. It was well worth the time. I never watch PBS without your prior approval of the content...except for the Muppets.

DougM said...

iri,
Perhaps that's 'cause his patrons trusted him around their ladies.
Hey, just sayin' …

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.