Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Fifth Estate in Mascarade

   At The Cinema                           



SPOOKS REDUX







I think I mentioned that MoSup, particularly, missed watching two (or more) episodes of White Collar as we supped each night.  I suggested that she would probably get just as caught up by Spooks (MI-5), and I was right.  It's been a few years since I watched the series, so I am able to re-enjoy most of them,  although there are no Holy MFS! moments for me. 

Last night we watched episode 20, "A Prayer for My Daughter." Because I'm not immersed in British politics (although I'm becoming more so, as I watch more and more BBC stuff), I didn't have my antennae up the way I do with anything Hollywood.  I eventually did catch on to SPOOKS leftist tilt, but missed in the first go-around what every Brit caught in #20; the bad guy, a 
murdering media mogul, not only resembled Rupert Murdoch, he was BBC's character assassination target, something that continues in real life.

I am reminded of this after posting the previous Koch Brothers targeting.  Progressives are pricks in any language .

Influential United Nations negotiator Patricia Norton (Jan Chappell) is kidnapped and later found murdered. Because Adam was fond of her, he discovers that a shadow organisation called the November Committee, in which media mogul David Swift (Ruppert Murdoch) is a key member, was involved as they wanted her to cease any peace talks between Israel and the Palestinian territories.

4 comments:

Chester Simms said...

I caught on to MI-5's motives after the first episode.

Something about an anti-abortionist being the "terrorist"

Chet

Ralph Gizzip said...

Spooks?!?

Racist bastard!

Anonymous said...

What Chet said... the "terrorist" was a Yank with a Southern accent. Damn Redneck Terrorists...

e~C

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Come to think of it, my first attempt to watch SPOOKS ended after I watched the first two episodes. I can only say now that, and believe me when I say that MoSup's antennae for agitprop are most sensitive, once into it the raw excitement and entertainment value trumps all that. (Trust me mein little French pastry).

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.