Friday, March 14, 2014

White Collar OMG

The Humanity                        




White Collar has already lost its writing staff and several crew members.

White Collar fans may need to start panicking.

According to Deadline.com, renewal talks for a sixth season of the USA crime dramedy have stalled, leaving the fate of the series up in the air. Because of the prolonged negotiations, White Collar has already lost its writing staff and several crew members.

Psych and more TV shows we're losing this year

If the series does not return, viewers would be left without closure. The fifth season ended on a cliffhanger with Neal (Matt Bomer) being abducted by a mystery man. [TV GUIDE]




How hooked on White Collar are we?  Well, we went through the first four seasons (about 60 hours) in less than two weeks.  When season four ended—with a mind numbing cliff hanger—we sped to watch the next episode on Netflix. 

Gasp.

There was no next episode.  I searched ROKU;  found the series five  on Amazon.  For a price.  We rarely pay money to watch movies, and paying to watch a television re-run is unthinkable.  However, with Mother Superior in shock, I suggested we buy the nest episode, just to get closure.  Cost $1.99 for SD (standard def), so I bought it.  Whew.  But Mo Sup whined (yes whined) that she would not sleep that night without following the leftover crumbs, so we bought another.  She wanted more, but after watching 5 hours of Mozzy and gang, I just couldn't.  But next night we were back, and last night we watched episodes 5 and six.  That's because episode two created a new OMFG! cliff hanger.  One so powerful that it's become a Damoclean sword hanging over every episode.  It was then that I had to reassure MoSup (and me) that there was in fact a season six in the offing; with tragic result. 

When I emailed the news to 
Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys (it was she who got us  hooked after a comment she posted), her response contained, I think,  a brilliant observation.

Sudden thought.
ok "thought"

I oft marvel at the glossy sales brochure that show is for NYC [it even makes *me* wanna go there] and wonder how much ...'financial input' they get in return. They sure get a lot of help/access/street shut downs from the city. Maybe, with the new NY admin, that went *p00f* and there's no bux/*place* for the show?

They did seem to have the run of the streets -- and many other locations... Lotsa outdoor scenes. Wandering the streets, making busts, chasing around.... Wouldn't be the same show without that kind of access.

[I think where Neil lives [the outside, at least] is [now] the Ralph Lauren store] But those shots are all old.

Also noticing some 'sly' product placement for Ford this last season. Massaging seats and all.....


And there's these object lessons
The Sopranos. Went on strike. By the time a new season began (about 2 years), everyone in the cast had signed on to the Hollywood trashing of President Bush.  I couldn't bring myself to watch it again.  Not even re-runs.

Mad Men:  Went on Strike.
By the time a new season began (about 2 years), I didn't care.  Tried, but the magic was gone.

Prediction   A new series called MOZZY

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mad Men is the best series in the history of television. You quit just as it was getting good.

Casca

iri said...

Neil is gay. The End.

gadfly said...

If I ever turned on White Collar, I must have quickly shut it down because I have no memory of it. But if it is as bad as The Big C, Monk, Burn Notice, In Plain Sight and Psych (as mentioned in TV Guide), then I can safely conclude that I missed nothing.

iri said...

There's always something better to do that watch tv no doubt. On the other hand I thought Burn Notice and Monk were pretty good shows though I only caught Monk on reruns and Burn Notice on disc. Burn Notice was particular entertaining when you don't have to wait a week to see the next installment.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.