Saturday, December 17, 2016

Five Things + 1



 
FIVE + ONE













1. After watching 4 episodes of The Grand Tour (spawn of Top Gear), I must admit that they pulled it off.  Much better than I  expected.  I like it.  But, not as much as the early Top Gears. I am, however, not in with Richard Hammond's by now stale role of  obnoxious twat.

2.  For y'all who recommended Jay Leno's Garage —it's become my goto happy place.  I love it. Leno is truly a funny guy.  And smart.  I cannot possibly see him voting for Hillary. Thank You.

3.  The left's reaction to Trump's election is so over the top as to defy description.  I mean, so massive, so intense, and so bizarre, that I must conclude they are frantic over the prospect - make that certainty - of Trump's Justice Department's investigation into Obama years criminality, They have nothing to lose by going all in. 

4.  I never did, and still do not see Trump as a conservative,  I did see him early on as the only person on earth with the money, brains, and connections -- an outsider--to save this nation.  So, while I don't understand why, for example, he chose  Rex Tillerson as Sec/State—and then John Bolton (my choice) as State Department #2;  I don't care. 

(Aside:  Even though Bolton has been trained his whole life to be Sec/Stae, I think Trump sneaks him in to avoid a Senate blood bath.

5. On Wednesday, Politico's Julia Ioffe actually suggested that Mr. Trump is "f***ing his daughter," Ivanka.

2 comments:

Skoonj said...

I'm not so sure Bolton was getting #2 at State. The Tillerson partisans, the whole Bush Klan, is attacking him even after Tillerson was named. Bolton would be the right guy for State #1, and Tillerson provides a path to real danger.

toadold said...

The left is running out of places to shuffle their crazy people to after they embarrass their current employer. Since they are automating the bars and coffee shops they won't be able to get the traditional jobs liberal arts majors.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.