Saturday, March 17, 2018

BIG BANGING



What I See








SCROLL

RUSH: Now, Stephen Hawking has passed away, age 76, the longest surviving human in history with ALS. He had a variation of this disease that was not as deadly as the primary form of the disease is. Living to 76 with ALS is a big deal, and he’s been acknowledged as the smartest, the most intelligent, the brightest, years and years — light years — ahead of everybody in terms of knowledge of the universe and quantum physics and laser physics, astrophysics, all of physics’ fields. He’s just light years ahead of everybody, acknowledged to be smarter than anybody in the world.

Yet this guy said that we’ve got 200 years… Where have we heard this before? “We have 200 years! If we don’t figure out how to colonize someplace else, we’ve got 200 years and we’re toast.” Now, would somebody explain to me where else that we can go? Is there a planet that supports life right now? Would somebody explain this to me? Where is it? What are we gonna colonize? I’m not trying to be disrespectful to Professor Hawking. Folks, I’m just a college dropout radio guy. I just have common sense, everyday questions.

A guy says to me, “We’re toast in 200 years unless we figure out how to colonize X.” What? The moon? Mars? We’re gonna have to create global warming someplace, wherever we go, to be able to live there. You ever stop to think about that? I mean, and everybody swoons and thinks, “Wow, man! He’s so far ahead of all of us.” And I don’t doubt that, in his field, there’s no question he was light years ahead of everybody and there’s no way to prove it. We just all accepted it. But this colonizing someplace else?

It’s not just him. Elon Musk is on this. You know, all of these Silicon Valley brain wizards say, “The earth is gonna destroy us! Global warming, climate change are gonna destroy us. We’re gonna run out of this, run out of that.” We’re not running out of anything. Natural resources are increasing. Life expectancy is increasing. Life on earth has never been better than it is today in any statistical way that you want to measure it, and yet the doom-and-gloom crowd says, “Two hundred years! Two hundred…” That means the people who are gonna eventually colonize have not been born yet.

(interruption) Just did what? (interruption) I know he just… (interruption) This is not the first time I have raised questions… (interruption) Okay. Wait a minute, now. Snerdley and the staff are saying, “I can’t believe you did this. The guy just passed away!” Okay. What am I supposed to do? “Folks, I wish to join Professor Hawking in encouraging you and every one of us to begin immediately working on transferring our entire population to somewhere else. We’ve got 200 years to figure it out, and I today come before you to endorse…”

Is that what I was supposed to do because he passed away? (interruption) I don’t want you to hit the delay button. This is not a sign of disrespect. Is it sounding like a sign of disrespect? You know… (interruption) Of course I know I’m the only one in the world… (interruption) It’s not just on the day of Stephen Hawking passing away. I mean, Elon Musk mentions this, you know, twice a month, and whenever I hear about it, I say the same thing: “Where are we gonna go, and how are we gonna get one billion people there?

[...]

I have all kinds of… You know, the Big Bang. Let’s look at the Big Bang. People accept that the Big Bang is how all of this began. Now, again, folks, I have a belief. One of the ways I have proven to myself… ‘Cause I think we’ve all tried to do this. We accept the faith, but then we still test it. As long as there are questions that we can ask… Meaning, we have been created with the intelligence to create or ask these questions, this quest for knowledge.

If there are questions we can ask to which we will never have the answers, then that gives me confidence that there is more than just life on earth. What is the point of creating beings who can ponder such places if they don’t exist? Certainly the Big Bang. Again, I’ll admit I’m just a college dropout radio guy, okay? I’m not a professional physicist. I’m not a professional scientist. I do not own a lab coat, white or light blue. So they tell me that the Big Bang is where everything began. Hawking says it’s the Big Bang and we’re still expanding. [Full Brillancy]

Heads up via Skoonj

Fr. Robert J. Spitzer, S.J., Ph.D. dissects Stephen Hawking's statement that
you don't need a "first cause" to explain the creation of the universe.


Are faith and science in conflict? Actually there has never been a better time to unite the two. Contemporary science is giving us the tools to test our reasons to believe, and is leading us to some surprising conclusions.

To Wit ... Science, Reason & Faith

4 comments:

Leonard Jones said...

Hawking has been a turnip for the last few decades. His grad student
acolytes used the long discredited hoax of "facilitated communications."
He could not speak, nor could he think. His every word comes from his
retinue of physics students. He and other theoretical physicists
of his ilk subscribed to an unproven theory that calls for 8 or 9
forces and a dozen or so dimensions (all unproven.)








SA-X4 said...

Nothin' from nothin' leaves nothin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HqyEHqEYho

Eskyman said...

Stephen Hawking also had a strange positivity that glowball warmening was real, was actual, and we're all gonna die from it; that was the first indication to me that his once-brilliant mind had faded.

Either that, or his grad students fed him with deliberate falsities. Then, it's just like programming a computer: GIGO or "Garbage In, Garbage Out."

Jess said...

I think many scientists are willing to discredit the notion of a higher power, because the higher power doesn't run around with a fly swatter to swat pesky non-believers. Logic dictates an entity of such power doesn't need validation, and the hope it doesn't decide to start using a fly swatter.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.