Monday, December 15, 2008

TV Talk

Television Notes
UPDATED WITH RIGHT CLIP!
Perhaps the best mockumentary ever made is Spinal Tap, starring Christopher Guest , Michael McKean, and Harry Shearer. In 1996 the three teamed in Waiting for Guffman, my personal favorite, which was followed by Best in Show (3 stars), and A Mighty Wind (½ star) in 2003. In the past few years we've (1) canceled all our subscription cable, and (2)pretty much quit going to the movies, so I wasn't even aware of For Your Consideration (2006). Over the weekend Verizon had its annual Free HBO Weekend so I caught up on the only show I've missed, Curb Your Enthusiasm. Watched all of Season 6. Late last night I did spin through the HBO channels, and landed on For Your Consideration. Great fun, if you haven't seen it.
Yesterday at 1PM I had two events I wanted to watch. Maryland v. North Carolina in the NCAA Soccer championship game, and the Redskins/Cincinnati. I fortunately chose to watch Maryland pound the Tar Heels 1-0, and win their second title in four years. The Redskins? Let's put it this way, I hopped over in time to see the Skin's with first and goal at the 1. They fumbled on 3rd down. A month ago the local mantra was, if the Skin's win out, they win the conference. They lost-out.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How 'bout them Cowboys. :D

Anonymous said...

"A Mighty Wind" wasn't bad and the music was actually pretty good if you like folk music. And they wrote and performed it themselves. No lip-sinc. It deserved more than half a star.
And "Roadhouse" is one of the greatest guy flicks EVER! Great music, good guy wins, bad guy dies, and Kelly's Hooters all over the place.
Tim

Rodger the Real King of France said...

"Roadhouse"??

Where did that come from?

Anonymous said...

Wasn't that guy with the beard from Red State update?
ozaoB

Anonymous said...

The youtube clip with this post is the Roadhouse movie trialer. I dont always understand the connections you make, and figure this was another one that was over my head.
Tim

Rodger the Real King of France said...

JFC! I have no idea how the Road House trailer wound up here. Try again.

Anonymous said...

I still like Roadhouse.
Tim

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.