Thursday, January 08, 2009

Batteries not included

The Bananas That Won't Die

I bought a bunch of green bananas from BJ's, circa December 18, 2008.  Do it all the time. A bunch, maybe a dozen, from BJ's cost about 1.29, while banana's from Giant are $1.29 a pound.  The banana is a core ingredient in our morning cocktail, so we use a fair amount.  Anyway, a bunch of green bananas will usually ripen over a period of a week, by which time they've been et. Not these.  The first one required use of my sharpest knife to denude it.  The pulp had the consistency chopped nuts, and tasted not so much like banana.  This is the next to last one, from this morning.  The pictures speak for themselves.  I know what you're saying, "Rodge, you boyishly handsome dildo, that's plantain!"  But I use plantain quite often, generally fried, and served with Caribbean cuisine.  Ain't never seen plantain like these.

Here's what I think.  I think now that the Banana republics no longer fear our CIA, their scientists have genetically altered the banana by crossing it with particle board to reduce spoilage.  That's what I think.  Presidents from Ike to Ronnie would have overthrown these gummints, but not this current crop of Chavez loving arseholes who rule us today.  Trust me, this is just the tip of the banana. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you need is a mohel.
—DougM

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Doug, you're a national treasure!

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.