Sunday, February 18, 2007

Cinnamon update

Wearing my lab coat


It was just about one year ago that I posted the article about cinnamon possibly lowering cholesterols, and fighting diabetes. The immediate reason for my interest was that Mother Superior had been put on medicine for high cholesterol. The medicine made her sick. I was suspected of being a Type II diabetic and sent for blood work that I skipped. The effects of cinnamon on me were almost immediate, and noticeable in many ways. When I did later have my blood tested, the results were clean.

Mother Superior, on the other hand, pussy-footed around with going back to the cardiologist who put her on the cholesterol meds. She finally had her blood tested last week, and just got the lab results back. Her cholesterols dropped 90 points, and back into the normal zone.  Her bad cholesterol dropped to within 2 points of the normal zone. In short, and for what it's worth,  cinnamon works.

I make her breakfast every day, and always put  a high dose, ¼ tsp, into her morning banana-cranberry juice smoothie, along with a slug of  Cal Mag Fizz (calcium). About the same time we also began taking daily doses of flax seed and salmon oil, which also may have helped. Bottoms up.

12/20/2006
Cinnamon part 6
7/19/2006
Dr. Gott and Cinnamon
5/27/2006
Cinnamon, Omega 3, Diabetes, Blood pressure
4/06/2006
The benefits od Cinnamon
3/02/2006
Earning your support I didn'...
2/25/2006
Bark of Cinnamon for High Cholesterol (and Diabe...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rodge, when you say "1/4 tsp." do you mean just regular cinnnammon (I can't spell it) off the shelf, or some type of specialty extract.

P.S. The absolute BEST cinnnammmoinn I've had was from the Spice House (thespicehouse.com). They've got about 6 different kinds, but the communist Vietnamese type was really good.

P.P.S. How many snickerdoodles do you figure I have to eat daily to reduce my cholesterol by 10?

Rodger the Real King of France said...

If you click on the "Cinnamon part 6" link above you can see what I use. Bulk McCormick. We started buying capsules, but wtf, same thing.

Anonymous said...

LOL

spit my coffee right into the air lookng at that image...

'hole - ly - mole - ly'

Anonymous said...

Just a quick, overdue "Thank You, Rodge." Discovered I had impaired glucose tolerance after a physical about six months ago. I remembered that you'd posted about cinnamon a few times before, so I thought I'd try it. Within a week my fasting glucose was back under 100, and has since dropped back down to the 70s and 80s with the addition of better diet and exercise. I don't want to be melodramatic, but you might have helped save my life, or at least, my pancreas.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Thanks you made my day. I mean that.

Howard said...

Since I have been sprinkling cinnamon on both my Big Macs and french fries I am more alert, have lowered by bad cholesterol to 440 from 441, and more than doubled my erection maintainence time to six seconds. I credit the flax seed oil and opium for the latter effect.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Howard, that's really not all that good for a 36 year old man.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.