Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Cinnamon part 6

Cimminamumnum revisited


7/19/2006
Dr. Gott and Cinnamon




5/27/2006
Cinnamon, Omega 3, Diabetes, Blood pressure
 
4/06/2006
The benefits of Cinnamon
 
3/02/2006
Earning your support I didn'...
 
2/25/2006
Bark of Cinnamon for High Cholesterol (and Diabe...
Most of you are aware of my Cinnamon awareness postings that began last February.   I took interest after Dr. Faustus gave me a lab order for blood tests  - for Type II Diabetes.  Mother Superior had anticipated it, and nowFaustus  independently saw it too. 

Shit.

Short story is, I didn't go for the blood tests because I figured what was going to happen, and I already gave up my beloved cigarettes and was not about to give up Jack Daniels and Butter Brickle, so  I went cinnamon.  Instead of buying  the capsules anymore, I buy this big institutional size of the spice at BJ's.  Each morning I make a concoction of  about 1 ½ tsp cinnamon, a scoop of calcium powder (that's for Mother Superior), and mix it with breakfast juice.  It's surprisingly good, btw.  Anyway, since I have had zero symptoms of  the TYPE II for months, I took the blood test last week.  To quote a rather surprised Dr. Moriarity, "You have the blood, liver, kidenys, pancreas, and spleen of an octtagenarian (which is a way compliment, since I fought with TR).

Unfortunately I also have the lungs of  a 90 year chain smoker.  My other doctor told me that the lungs would stretch to the size of a tennis court, and that we only use part of that capacity.  I think I may have though.  Maybe there's something that can be done with the 23,000 square meters of foreskin someone owes me (enough to tarp every Major League infield with human flesh).  Think of the jokes I could tell, penis breath. 

4 comments:

BlogDog said...

If the tarps were made that way, think of how many volunteers there would to work the rain cover in San Francisco's Candlestick Park.

Why do I think of things like this? I disgust myself.

Anonymous said...

Candlestick Park, aka 3Com, aka, Monster Park. Sheesh, it will always be Candlestick in my brain. And, yes blogdog, you think of those things because, sadly, *that* topic is the new San Fransico Treat!! ding-ding. ;) Juice

Anonymous said...

Alton Brown on the Food Network says most product sold as cinnamon is not real cinnamon, but cassia bark, if I remember correctly. I wonder which to use?

Anonymous said...

I read up on the Web about true cinnamon vs. cassia bark "cinnamon", evidently the health benefits mentioned in the press are actually from the cassia bark variety. The Wikipedia page on cinnamon has good information, with internal links to cassia use, it also mentions that cassia has coumarin, which is toxic in high doses. Interesting reading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinnamon

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.