Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hoopettes

Lady Hoops


I watched Maryland's girl's basketball team play Boston College last night, and it may be the the best game I've seen this year.  I kept thinking during the game that the MD's women's team would prolly win 3 out of 10 against the men's team, maybe more.  They are amazing ball handlers, passers, and unconscious from three point range.  I don't think either team missed a free throw.  Boston College had a little red head shrimp, Mickel Picco, who was scoring falling down from mid court. .  The officiating is like the Big Ten's on steroids ... nothing's called.  You get clobbered inside.    All in all, I enjoy men's and women's hoops equally, and I wish there was more of it televised.  Wait. There's one difference.  I want to hug  Kristi Toliver to pieces. Never felt that way about Greivis Vasquez.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you should watch some more good bball then. I just watched the Duke women play some other big girls team (Wake?). Good ball, and much improved from a few years ago.

But a big prep school boys team would shut them down cold. These girls cannot bang under the boards (no pun intended), they can't drive a hard defender, and while they can shoot from 3-range, they can't do it with someone in their face very well.

I think a UNC or Duke team could play them 3:5 and beat them.

-AC

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Except I referred specifically to Terp men.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.