Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Flu Epidemic

Today's Health Tips
Two of them


This is my cell cam journal account of how I spent most of  yesterday.  In the ER with one of my kids.  And here's what I learned. 

If you live in Virginia, or Maryland, where a certain flu virus is now epidemic, and cannot keep fluids down, this may very well be your only solution.  IV fluids and anti-nausea meds.  Don't screw with it, and let it get into your kidneys, or other organs.  You're welcome.  PS - all appears to be well, but the patient was admitted for stabilization because he waited for three days and was totally dehydrated.

7 comments:

BlogDog said...

I could keep those fluids down.
Or die trying!
Bitty!

Unknown said...

If all nurses looked like that maybe we'd NOT want to get better! :-)

titan saturnae said...

I could see that as leading to a dehydrated condition ... a couple of tablespoons worth of fluid, repeatedly lost, would eventually lead to dehydration, no?

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for your son, Rodge. At least it happened before our poodle-clipped, retard thug-in-chief was able to destroy health care.

Helly

closed said...

Norvovirus ... spend a half-week spewing from both ends, if you are lucky. Longer if you aren't.

Very contagious, and a one week incubation time.

My wife got it at work a few month ago ... by some miracle, I didn't catch it from her.

Anonymous said...

The photo says there is an unending supply of milk to help keep the masses totally hydrated.

CF in CO

Anonymous said...

Nurse!....Nurse...Please...I need a numming...Num num num num.......Bless you, you humanitarian.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.