Monday, March 30, 2009

Hey Obama ... watch this

Cactus Cuties


Jodi the 'Bama Darlin' sent this video of five little girls from Cactus JH singing at a Texas Tech game.  Jodi wrote " ... it's "the perfect way to begin a morning."  It is that, but it's also the perfect way to say, "Shove this up your ass Obama."  Can you tell I don't particularly like the sumbitch today? Here's the "Cactus Cuties" singing Amazing Grace. Oh, and Battle Hym of the Republic" Since these are wholesome Americana, they should act on Progressives like holy water sprinkled on Old Nick. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oy! They ARE indeed cuties and they can sing but that dang Ghetto Warble just kills it for me.
RAK

Josh Fahrni-Barn Army Dog Catcher said...

I can't watch the anthem getting sang anymore. Well I did this, and it wasn't that bad, but NFL, Nascar, whatever, it's always-

Land of the fre-e-e-eeeee.

And I cringe throughout the anthem in parts like that. The national anthem doesn't have to be all dolled up and tweaked. I get. Angry. It's become more about the singers than the anthem, in a lot of places.

I maintain no-names (or apparently cute little girls) should always sing the anthem.

Juice said...

Know what you mean, Josh. The National Anthem has become hip-hopped/RB'd/pop-culturized. I used to feel the same about Jimi Hendrix's version at Woodstock; but over the years...I grew to appreciate it. Go figure.

tanstaafl said...

Very nice arrangement here. I always get chills hearing the anthem but agree that often, these days, it seems to be more about the singer than the song.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Juice - tell me you weren't at Woodstock.

Anonymous said...

Even The Simpsons have noticed.
GrinfilledCelt

Anonymous said...

Help stamp out Urban Yodeling.

Boneshaker

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.