Friday, April 10, 2009

The Big 1-0

The Tenth Amendment (Amendment X) of the United States Constitution, which is part of the Bill of Rights, was ratified on December 15, 1791. The Tenth Amendment restates the Constitution's principle of Federalism by providing that powers not granted to the national government nor prohibited to the states are reserved to the states or the people.
These are states where legislators are taking action to affirm the Tenth Amendment.  What do it mean?  It means people are getting sick and tired of intrusive gummint.  [More]  

I may be over-extrapolating my feelings some, but I think a lot of us are feeling what the hippies felt in the sixties ... that their, still worthless, lives had meaning when they worked to destroy the establishment.  The difference is, they were dope smoking yahoos, under the influence of a leftist education system; we're not.   They were personified
 by Naked Moonbeam; we're the guys who pay all the taxes, fight all the wars, and know that Howard Zinn is a leftist-asswipe. We're  these guys.    Don't know how many join me, but it's more than one.       

11 comments:

Grumpyunk said...

I was very happy to see my state involved.

Small beginnings now, but maybe a big thing later.

Aristomenes said...

I'm one of the "more than one". Count me, Rodge.

Spunky Texan said...

The guy on the left reminds me of Deep Throat from X-Files.

Get your mind out of the gutter.

Do you know the Pirates STILL have not been caught BTW?

BARAK! BARAK! YOU MFCS! DO SOMETHING.

Everyman said...

What happened to New Hampshire; I thought they were one of the first states to go this route?

Rodger the Real King of France said...

voted down

Anonymous said...

As a Native Texan, I wouldn't mind seeing it go back to the Republic of Texas. First we'd have kick all the lefties out of Austin and set up a free-fire zone with land mines along the borders with Mexico, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana. I used to like going skiing in New Mexico, but there are a lot of freaks over there. Last time we let anybody in from Louisiana they wouldn't (still won't) leave. Arkansas gave us Bill Clinton, an unforgivable offense. We all know the problems with Mexico. And Oklahoma just plain sucks, look at all the tornados they have, even God hates Oklahoma.

rickn8or said...

anonymous--

Don't close the border until I get there!
I can bring gunz and ammo.

Anonymous said...

Cousin Tex, thanks a heap for keeping all that riff raff that immigrated in on ya on your side of the border. (Damn Kalifornians). Let us Okies know what we can do on our side to help. We can handle our Guatemalaians , they don't run for state office before they unpack their U-haul. If it works, might want to think about building that free fire zone around Austin. Boomer!

Red Dirt Plowboy

Anonymous said...

By the way this just in. Trees are made of wood.

Yep, States are sovereign entities and trees are made of wood. Hell thats two good facts we have highlighted tonight.

Whacha wanna do now?

Anyone wanna get liquored up and deport a bunch of ponytailed OU & Texas college professors up to Baltimore? Cause if not, you ain't taking back nothing. Gotta start somewhere.

Plowboy

cmblake6 said...

Texas is 10 miles east of me. SHTF, I'm there!

Anonymous said...

"anonymous--

Don't close the border until I get there!
I can bring gunz and ammo."

Do you have cookies too?

another

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.