Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Chop chop chop




I earmarked this story last week, but it got thrown in the sock drawer.  Now, two paragraphs into No Help for the Blue Dogs, I remembered it.

I'm heartened beyond words over these recent state resolutions affirming states' rights, but, you know.  Today's political class have grown up thinking they can threaten this and that, and then reach some meaningless face-saving accommodation in the end, and everyone forgets.  House members are in the midst of doing this right now with health care.  All any of them worry about is having a good umbrella against foul constituencies. Obama Care should be ripped up, burned, and its sponsors stoned., but we'll end up with at least 50% of it, which may be the plan all along.

But, If Perry is for real, then I will, Davy Crockett like, grab my musket and head off for Texas to defend my new country.  STG. Won't be no Alamo either.



I note that Perry is being challenged for reelection by Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchinson.  I'm not a Texas voter, but you did an okay job Senator. Now why not take up knitting or something? You're too establishment not to keep 'getting along' any more.


8 comments:

I-RIGHT-I said...

Don't pack your bags just yet. Perry loves to talk big but in the end he takes it up the *ss just like the rest of them that are all hat and no cattle. I speak from experience deep in Mexican territory Houston, Tejas.

Anonymous said...

Hutchinson has turned into another RINO if you check her record and Cornyn isn't far behind. F&&k both of them. Perry is better than Hutchinson by a long shot.

bigdaddynick said...

He'll never make it through Hillary's cankles with that little saw.

TomR said...

KBH doesn't like guns and she is a closet feminist. She makes these mistakes, then backtracks real fast. Those little incidents speak big volumes. Anonymous is right. KBH is a RINO if not watched. She should not run for governor of Texas.

JMcD said...

In the name of St. Bunyan, what the heck kind of tree is that!

Rodger the Real King of France said...

One that provides a lot of toothpicks. What? You thought they grew on trees?

JMcD said...

I may have run it down....More than likely a Baobab, no?

Steve in Greensboro said...

That's not a tree. That's one of Hillary's ankles.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.