Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hedberg

Recess

I wanted to follow something somber with lightheartedness, but Mitch Hedberg is both.  He was profane, and a heroin addict who committed suicide in 2005. But he's still my favorite comedian.  Here's a few of his one liners. A lot more here.
I had a roommate, his name was Eddie, and Eddie was slow on the mental draw. I was writing a letter, I had a problem... I said, "Ed, how do you abbreviate Arkansas?" He said, "I don't know, just start spelling it, then quit!"

I play the guitar, I taught myself how to play the guitar, which was a bad decision... because I didn't know how to play it, so I was a shitty teacher. I would never have went to me.

One time a guy handed me a picture and said "Here's a picture of me when I was younger." Every picture is of you when you were younger! "Here's a picture of me when I'm older." You son of a bitch, how'd you pull that off? Let me see that camera.

If I'm out to dinner with a group of friends, and someone offers to pay for the check, I immediately reach for my wallet. Because inside is a note that says "say thanks."

I did a radio interview, the DJ's first question was "who are you?" I had to think: is this guy really deep, or did I drive to the wrong station?

I wake up in the morning, I make myself a bowl of instant oatmeal, then I don't do shit for an hour. Which makes me wonder why I need the instant oatmeal! I could get the regular oatmeal and feel productive.

The Kit-Kat candy bar has the name "Kit-Kat" imprinted into the chocolate. That robs you of chocolate! That's a clever chocolate-saving technique. I'll go down to the factory... "you owe me some letters!"

I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the FedEx driver, because he's a drug dealer, and he don't even know it.
ozaoB

JMcD said...

Mitch was a great comedian...Sorry he's gone....He suffered from Glossophobia and all the while I thought he was blind,as he so many time performed with his eyes closed.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.