Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What's in the box?

Dickweeds begat Douchbag

I remembered and wanted the exact words to a comment on this post "It's so f**king on,"  and wound up back at the source and saw about a zillion comments. One was from  MCPO Airdale, who comments here:

"Back before the world was in color, we used to call people 'Dickweeds'. So, I doubt it originated with Beavis and Butthead."

Which led to another post
Somebody ... recently asked about the origins of the word “dickweed.” While that was never clearly answered, a cunning linguist gives us the possible source of another important term…

Which video is posted to the right, and is a response to Sloppy Drunk LisaNova.  You don't have to look at any of this, unless you're interested in the term "Douchebag," which answer will prolly not satisfy you anyway.  I'm just showing  how shit happens to me. I have to see what's in the box.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Third and final origin."
Hey,
a feller could start a pretty good cult with that phrase.
—DougM

Anonymous said...

Hm... First parody I've seen of Marina Orlova (the Hot for Words gal, who also sometimes ends up on the O'Reilly Factor I understand).

Anonymous said...

'The Aristocrats!'
Tim

Kristophr said...

"Dickweed" originated with Crow on Mystery Science Theatre 3000.

He couldn't call someone a "Dick" on the air ... so he substituted.

PeterT said...

MST3K was around in 1964?

Kristophr said...

OK ... by brain musta froze when I failed to read Airdale's statement.

The first time I personally heard it was on MST3K.

I guess they inherited it from someone else.

MrJimm said...

I distinctly remember using the term 'Dickweed' in high school, and I graduated in 1970.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.