Saturday, October 17, 2009

Finis coronat opus.

incorruptibles
 politicians, as you were


 Remember when Clinton said "You know, if I were a single man, I might ask that mummy out. That's a good-looking mummy?"  Keep that slime bag away from Catherine Laboure.  Sheesh.  Seriously, this deal has always blown my mind.apart. 
... — their existence baffles scientists. While the preserved remains of mummies are generally found in states of rigor mortis-like petrifaction, incorruptible corpses are pretty pliable. Their skin is supple, even years after their deaths. They appear, for all intents and purposes, to be sleeping or only recently dead. What’s more, these corpses don’t show signs of having been embalmed. And the local conditions don’t appear to have had a preservative effect on them. While they remained in a perfect state of composition, other corpses interred nearby were degenerating like normal [More pics and videos]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember from Catechism .. or somewhere ... that the physical bodies of saints did not decompose.

Mebbe there is something to that..

I think there is. YMMV



tomw
turing:abler WTH

tom said...

Should have followed the link.


Scuza'

tomw

Anonymous said...

I'm skeptical.

3. St Bernadette of Lourdes (died 1879) seems to sport lipstick, plucked eyebrows, and nail polish.

rw4site

Grumpyunk said...

That's pretty interesting stuff there. I had read the verse regarding incorruptible bodies but had never known there were examples of such.

Anonymous said...

There are four (that I remember) former Popes in St. Peter's that are like this. My daughter and I were there this summer. It's quite a shock to realize that you are looking at someone that looks like they are just asleep, but has actually been dead for hundreds of years.

SFAOV Sgsaur

Anonymous said...

They probably ate a lot of twinkies.

Casca

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.