Monday, October 12, 2009

Dr

Recipe Wiki


 Recipes Wiki  is what you'd think.  Wait.  I'm now prompted to ask myself what a "wiki?"  is?  It just sort of popped up one day with wikipedia.   [time lapse] Ah, I find that ...
... wiki is a type of collaborative software program that typically allows web pages to be created and collaboratively edited using a common web browser.

The word does conjure a vision of weird naked people dancing around the Stonehenge, praying for guidance from gaia, or Satan. I bet the original guy was one of them, because normal men would have called it "lightning" or "cordite" (Corditepedia?),  because power is in controlling the message.  Where was I? 

Recipes Wiki  is sort of like the community recipe book the school band peddled as a fund raiser.  What caught my attention was Over 190 dog food recipes!.   I bet if I go back in a month, there'll be recipes from the Juice. 

9 comments:

B....... said...

Quick test - Chicken Adobo....

Skinless chicken breasts?

Nu-uh!

I'll bet the dog food is good though.....

Anonymous said...

Web Interfaced Knowledge Index but yea witches and Warlocks sound better.

JMcD said...

Looked for poncit ,the most popular Phillipine food I know of,....results zero recipes.

Anonymous said...

SOAR (Searchable Online Archive of Recipes) is immediately more user friendly, and being ten or twelve years old, almost certainly has more recipes. Two poncit recipes, one misspelled as pancit. Two adobo recipes under Mexican, and I didn't check chicken, beef, or pork, nor Spanish, Filipino, Basque, Peruvian, Colombian, Venezuelan, etc.

Also you don't have to register.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Gentlemen, I believe the idea is to contribute your recipes. Then they'll be there.

Anonymous said...

I always thought it was "pancit".

Casca

Anonymous said...

I bet there aren't any Baloot recipes either.

Casca

Anonymous said...

Anything there about how long to hang politicians.....er.....I mean.....game birds? Freudian slip. Yah, that's what it was.

H

JMcD said...

Hahaha...Casca I think you're right (pancit).....I always called it mei fun til I got Phillipine relatives.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.