Saturday, November 14, 2009

Holder's Circus

Back to the Future
SCOTUS bitch slapped Obama and Holder

 From a commenter at HotAir about the  Circus of the Century -- Starring KSM
In 1950, the Supreme Court, in Johnson v. Eisentrager, had this to say about granting our enemies access to U.S. civilian courts:

    Such trials would hamper the war effort and bring aid and comfort to the enemy. They would diminish the prestige of our commanders, not only with enemies but with wavering neutrals. It would be difficult to devise more effective fettering of a field commander than to allow the very enemies he is ordered to reduce to submission to call him to account in his own civil courts and divert his efforts and attention from the military offensive abroad to the legal defensive at home. Nor is it unlikely that the result of such enemy litigiousness would be a conflict between judicial and military opinion highly comforting to enemies of the United States.

They had it right then. As years pass by, apparently so does our common sense.

Erich66 on November 13, 2009 at 6:47 PM  (Sherry at the O Club)
Then these guys did a set ... and Badavov bought beer for everyone, except me.  I got a Bourbon Manhattan with a twist.  Sherry's hot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like him.
Tim

JMcD said...

He's great!

Remembering an old joke, I wrote this Country song. I don't have a tune yet.


I stepped into
A little bar & grill.
Over in a booth
Sat my old friend Bill.
Hiding behind a
Big mug of beer
N' running down his face
Was a big ole tear.

Ole buddy I said
You're looking down and out.
Whyncha just tell me
What it's all about.
He said my ole lady's
A treating me wrong
N' our relationship
Just won't last long.

Tell me, I ask him
Just what you mean?
He said his lovelife's
A gittin mighty lean.
She's cut me down
To one time a week.
I guess a new woman
I'll have to seek.

Aw ole buddy
Don't take it so hard.
I'm telling you this
As a long time pard.
There's three other guys
The way I hear
Yer brother n' two cuzins
A crying in their beer.

I understand how
You got the blues
A man's happy home
Is tough to lose.
Keep your chin up pal
Through the stormy weather
Heck, them three other guys
She cut off ALTOGETHER.

Anonymous said...

"...I knew him well.

Casca

LindaSoG said...

luv that song.

JMcD said...

Bet you didn't notice, but if you take the first letters of every line in the song it says:
IAOSHB NWOYW W HANJT JASTII ADIAT TYAIYA IKTHS

Hell, I don't know...Something in Bulgarian I guess.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.