Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bacon Salt

Mmmmm... Bacon

Curmudgeonly & Skeptical

Just got my WOOT purchase of J&D's Bacon Lover's Survival Kit.  When I ordered it I thought all salts, but not so.  The big jar  is bacon spread.  It taste's an awful lot like bacon fat and mayonnaise, which means it's really good, but I wouldn't go paying any $14.29 for it, which is what Amazon sells it for, and what I paid for this whole kit. One TBSP=80 cal seems pretty good though, wot?  Of course, there are occasions when you want something to taste extra scrumptious, and this is awfully convenient.  Ahem.

The Lip Balm was a total surprise.  What a hoot.  And yes, it is a balm, and yes, it tastes like bacon.  The salts too, which is where I see the real value.  Should be great on salads and bacon.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's no time like Beggin Time!

olds-mo-william

Anonymous said...

Now, why you wanna go and share sump'n that's out of stock? :-[
Juice

Rodger the Real King of France said...

What's out of stock? Are you talking the Amazon link? The Woot sale is one day only.

Anonymous said...

Talking Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/ybj8gvg

WV: lameness TRUTH!

Anonymous said...

I got the salts this Summer, didn't think very much of them. They are just ok. They are better when you use them to cook, heat helps release the flavor. BUT for Christmas the stepmonkeygirls got me that lip balm AND bacon popcorn! I agree the lip balm is fairly close, but then you could just carry a little tub of bacon grease and smear 100% pure stuff on your lips....

The popcorn is not bad. Smokey.

Annoyed White Male

BlogDog said...

Bacon popcorn? I LIKE it! I may have to try adding some bacon grease to the oil in the popcorn popper and see if that works. I have the popper. I have the popcorn. I have the bacon grease. This could be the start of something big!

Alear said...

Bought this foulness coupla years ago. It is rancid awful. You want salt, buy salt. You want bacon, buy bacon. Do not buy bacon salt, it's good on nothing, and in the end will turn you off of both bacon and salt. You don't want that, do ya?

rickn8or said...

Bacon Vodka for Father's Day. Tell me my kidz don't love me...

Anonymous said...

Well, it may not be bacon, but this stuff is smokylicious.

http://tinyurl.com/ydv2qja

Recently bought the triple pack box.
Juice

Anonymous said...

mmmmm! Bacon..... A condiment made of meat that you put on meat!

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.