Thursday, January 21, 2010

Spectacular

What a spectacle

Stuart Haygarth turns discarded eye glasses into a gorgeously green glowing chandelier. Spectacle is an optical chandelier assembled from 1020 pairs of discarded prescription glasses, with a smaller size constructed from 620 pairs. The refracted light from the lenses makes fluid shadows that play across walls creating an aqueous lighting effect that shimmers as much as it delights.

That would be about the number of prescription glasses I've lost.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I can see clearly now..."
Thank you Dr.
Juice

Anonymous said...

I always wondered what the Lions were doing with my old glasses.

BlogDog said...

The eyes have it.
Oh, that was weak. I haven't had my coffee yet.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.