Tuesday, March 02, 2010

In Passing

In Passing
Look at all this crap. 


That magic touch.
During his whirlwind visit to Las Vegas two weeks ago, President Barack Obama mentioned U.S. Sen. Harry Reid by name four dozen times, gave him a big hug and talked him up as if he was a long-lost brother. Result: 17% say they are now less likely to vote for Reid; 7% more likely.

Banned
Whether you love it, hate it, or have never thought about it, chances are some politician wants to ban it. "Welcome to the Nanny State Nation," says reason.TV  host Drew Carey. "Where the government minds your own business."

Algore Kills
Seven-month-old baby survives shot to chest in parents' murder-suicide pact blamed on global warming  A letter was found on a table expressing the couple's anger at the government for not responding to the environmental crisis.


The Final Straw
In Climategate: The Crutape letters we tried to avoid accusing Professor Jones of CRU and UEA of outright fraud. ... Phil Jones makes it hard to defend him anymore. On March 1st he testified before Parliament and there he argued that it was standard scientific practice to not share data.  Those who still insist on being generous with him could, I suppose, argue that he has no recollection, but in my mind he is playing with the truth and knows he is playing with the truth. [Watts Up With That?]

A plague of signatures
This is Tiger Hawk's example, but the stack closely approximates what me and the MoSup had to sign when we refinanced to save a few lousy points- with our original mortgage lender - in December.

Firefox, I'm warning you.
The next time your pop-up stopper opens 38 windows, you're dead to me.  Or any of the other quirks that are making the Internet experience a living Hell.


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Firefox has been getting buggier and buggier lately. I'm getting tired of it. I don't know what they did, but they are making the best browser far more grief than it's worth. It's on probation here.

AWM

DougT said...

Have you been following Bawney Fwank on his Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac fact-finding trips?

MoFiZiX Gr4FiX said...

With regard to FF; I am glad they have resolved some of the media streaming bugs, but I can't begin to tell you how pissed I get when pages refuse to load... on a regular basis... even after unblocking them and clearing the cache! In addition, every new update renders half my plug-ins incompatible and leaves my dick hanging in the breeze. Frustrating ain't the word for it, but it still beats going back to the other browsers.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

No Doug - link?

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Is anyone else finding that FF disappears from the lower toolbar, even though it's still open? Another prollem is that when I close FF it often stays silently loaded, so that when I go to open it again I get the message "you must first close Firefox ...?"

MoFiZiX Gr4FiX said...

Yep. Gotta go into the task manager->processes tab to kill it sometimes.

Nate said...

I get the 'FF is still running' thing when I close it - a LOT. The thing also locks up for no apparent reason, can't connect to pages, etc., etc. I'd go back to IE, but Eye'z afeart ta.

Anonymous said...

Gee guys -- that sounds terrible!

Mac'R'UsKid

*flips skirt*
*skips off*

Anonymous said...

Fkn' San Francisco.
Already stole that and posted it at FB. Thanks mucho!:D
Juice

Anonymous said...

I usually check the task manager anymore before shutting down to make sure FF has actually been closed.
FF also fails to write new passwords into memory.

Anonymous said...

It will hang up or crash and disapear, but you have to use task manager to close it.

Updates frequently make it worse rather than better.

Some sites (Dilbert comic) just won't load at all.

I'm now having to use IE to post at KisP and my own site because it keeps dropping the connection and loosing my posts.

Thin ice, FF.
AWM

El Jefe said...

Don't mind a quick 5-10 commercial before the clips play but a friggin' full one at the end THAT YOU CANNOT STOP???

Reason.tv is one of my favorite sites... 'til now.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.