Friday, April 16, 2010

Tax Day Tea Party

USA! UAS! USA!

Boned Jello

I'm feeling pretty damn good.  I think this is how I felt after we took San Juan Hill, and Teddy slapped my butt, and said "Bully."
I copped these pictures from Doug M's strip, taken at the Raleigh Tea Party yesterday.  Both posters are new to me, so I'll have to hurry and make some tee-shirts.

I went back to my post of Rick Santelli's video (Feb 20, 2009) that began the Tea Party movement.  I clicked on Poll - Would you join Santelli's Chicago Tea Party? , and was taken to a Feb 22nd account of how wild things were getting.  It might be fun to watch Santelli's rant again, and that initial response. 

It's why we'll win!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stopped by the Post Office yesterday to observe my government in action. Four patrol cars, officers lolling and observing, and a couple hundred tea-party folk. I even saw an infiltrator carrying a sign decrying the moon landing as a hoax, followed by a patriot carrying a big arrow pointing at the jackass, and denouncing him as such. Pretty good turnout.

Casca

DougM said...

Thanks for the hit, Rodge.
Yeah, that was a real feel-good Tea Party. I even went across the street to the twenty or so counter-demonstrators to listen to what they had to say. Yep, three chants, end-to-end, repeatedly. Dang, but those people are boring!

Funniest part was when I leaned one foot out onto the street to get a photo of a sign, a large-boned fem-cop of color (who was standing in the street one foot from where I placed mine) asked me to move back onto the sidewalk. I said thanks, but I wasn't worried, a car'd hit her before me. She started to belly laugh, then caught herself, put her hands to her mouth, and did the eyes glancing both ways thing. If the police chief hadn't been about fifty feet away, we both prob'ly would'a ended up rollin' in the gutter laughin' our @sses off.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

wonderful street theater Doug! clap clap.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.