Sunday, June 13, 2010

Boobs

Boring Stuff
St. Augustine and John Maynard Keynes
WASHINGTON - President Obama urged reluctant lawmakers Saturday to quickly approve nearly $50 billion in emergency aid to state and local governments, saying the money is needed to avoid "massive layoffs of teachers, police and firefighters" and to support the still-fragile economic recovery. - Obama pleads for $50 billion in state, local aid
Boned Jello

There are precious few benefits to be derived from the Obamupation, so I take 'em as they come.  If nothing else, Keynesian economics ought to be discredited for at least until we again forget history's lesson.  About 12 years.  

In fairness to Keynes, and I'm doing this from memory, because reading the General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money was more tedious than reading Augustine.(which scribblings in my 5th grade textbook will attest was b-o-r-i-n-g); and I would have to buy the book and re-read it for exact quotes. Awk. .

As I remember then, and have before, Keynes, who really was a genius, predicated his theory that government could run a successful economy by stipulating that the task be left to an "elite coterie of intellectually superior men."

I rest my case.


PS- I think that girl I drew in the middle of "City of God" was Diane Hulchy, who sat adjacent to me. By the third grade she had like 36D breasts and didn't wear a bra until (we heard) Sr. Superior had a talk with her mother. Beauty.  UU

That's right!

8 comments:

Bob Hawkins said...

So did Diane Hulchy warp your view of women? In my case, the girl next door -- literally -- became a model. I remember she bought a yellow sports car with her earnings while she was still living there. It was a shock to me when I left home and found out that not all homes come with a teenaged model next door.

Turing word: "bilyg". Sorry, can't stop remembering the girl next door long enough to come up wit a comment.

DougM said...

Woo! We're channelin', Rodge.
Read my second comment over at Sondrie's.
Eerie.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Jayzuz! We're Frick and Frack! :)

El Jefe said...

'scuse me here, boss, but tweren't deh unions 'sposed to take care dem own?

Jus' sayin' here, boss!

Vladtheimp said...

Did you mean to type "Kenyan Economics" cause this surely is what Obama is pursuing?

Or maybe not. From Wiki "The government, generally perceived as investment friendly, has enacted several regulatory reforms to simplify both foreign and local investment. An increasingly significant portion of Kenya's foreign inflows is from remittances by non-resident Kenyans who work in the US, Middle East, Europe and Asia.

Maybe now we know where our stimulus tax dollars went.

Anonymous said...

That's Kenyan Economics...

Anonymous said...

Alas, those 36D's are now 44 Extra Longs.

JP

Timbeaux said...

Keyenes' error was the same as Plato's, that somehow "I am my brother's keeper" is a one-way street.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.