Saturday, June 19, 2010

O Pioneer!

Simpler Times

Boned Jello

Yesterday's "lifetime in an email" post prompted Juice to send me a lovely e-mail about "Simpler times, better times?"

Later, after reading the Drudge Report story of Gov. Jindahl's fight to clean the LA shoreline had been stopped by the USCG, I came across an unexpected source that referenced "simpler times," IMO.  A time when right and wrong were understood. Legal and illegal were held true.  Honor and dishonor had integral meaning for man, woman, and child.  In my book, that is simpler times.  When you check out the link I'm sending, please not how many women hold firearms (know how to use) in one hand and a baby in the other.  We have a new enemy to protect ourselves from today, the Federal Government.  "How we gonna arm up again' that one?"

http://www.pioneerwomanmodels.com/
One of the pioneer woman statues, "Faithful," and I don't mean to make light of this Juice, but it left me scratching my head.

A faithful pioneer woman spicing up the life of hubby returning from a long day of toil. Unfortunately, he chose this day to bring the boss home for dinner.

That's what I see. Makes me yearn for the old corn fields.

3 comments:

Darrell said...

Got diverted off the interstate in Oakley, KS due to a blizzard. We had some time to kill so we went to the Fisk Fossil Museum, which showed the work of a young pioneer girl named Fish--she collected fossil shark teeth from the area. As an amateur paleontologist of the time, she didn't categorize them, measure them, or such; she made macaroni pictures with them. It's actually a pretty cool little museum.

Juice said...

HA! You're right Rodger, but what if "Sturdy" was labeled "Faithful"? It would be a regular duh? moment.

Darrell said...

Her name was Fisk, of course, not Fish. My bad.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.