Friday, July 30, 2010

100 Magazine articles

Boned Jello The Best Magazine Articles Ever

This is the only one of the 100  I remember reading.  

My favorite magazine article, not on this list, was a name-forgotten short story in some sports 'zine.  Was about an oldtimey baseball game between rival towns. It was, as I remember, lengthy and rich in detail.  The payoff came with the homeboys nursing a one run lead.  The rival had  bases loaded, two outs, and a count of 0-2 on the batter in the bottom of the 9th.  The catcher's pants then  split as he crouched behind the plate.  This resulted in the pitcher seeing, not the two finger sign for fast ball, low and inside, but a three fingered call for high and away.    Two runs scored on the passed ball.

I'll download these, and read them on my home-made Kindle reader while I'm in waiting rooms.  Oh.  Frank Sinatra Has A Cold is a good read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great story on tennis and Fed, thanx Rog, throughly enjoyed it. I did have the wonderful experience of attending the Australian Open and sat in a front row seat for the entire second week(Federer went out in the semis) and it was amazing to watch the speed and the topspin live-you really have no idea watching on TV.

It took quite a while before I could watch without thinking every shot was going long-the topspin was so heavy it would yank the ball down after it passed the service line-amazing
MM

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.