Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Why We (will) Win

A PLAN in 116 words

When I posted the link to The Ecstasy of Empire last night, I titled it  "BLEAK - Best Scenario is Osama and Obama win."  I quickly removed the heading, pending further reflection. 

Paul Craig Roberts's layout is the most depressing thing I've ever read. This passage in particular:
Boned Jello
To borrow from Lenin, “What can be done?”

Here is what can be done. The wars, which benefit no one but the military-security complex and Israel’s territorial expansion, can be immediately ended. This would reduce the US budget deficit by hundreds of billions of dollars per year.  More hundreds of billions of dollars could be saved by cutting the rest of the military budget which, in its present size, exceeds the budgets of all the serious military powers on earth combined.


In a fell swoop Roberts reduced our fight against the real threat of fascist Islam, with its insane goal of annihilating with nuclear weapons any who stand in its way,  to subservience to Israeli ambition. Bullshit.  I thought about this all night, and more for my sake than anyone's, I have to respond.  I am imposing on myself a limit of 300 words, so bluntness is in order.

Boned Jello
The iconic American worker

THE PLAN

Guiding Principle:  There is no right way to do the wrong thing.

The economy:  Unleash American can-dosim. Gone are all restrictions on economic growth.  No lawsuits, no EPA,  no environmental controls.  Period.  Produce, produce, produce. Avoid buying anything outside our hemisphere; sell to anyone.

National Security:  We  can't be world cops, but threaten us and we'll kill you, using every resource at our disposal.

Policy against internal threats:  When draft rioters threatened NYC during the War of Rebellion, the mayor opened the arsenal and begged citizens to arm themselves and shoot the rioters.  They did.

Legal:  Any law infringing on state rights is null and void.

Health care -  free market

Immigration  - Legal

Motto:  USA UAS USA!

Number of words - 116.  You owe me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed we do.

Casca

Juice said...

Looking at your full-size revolt picture last night left me unable to string together a sentence. Just an anvil in the pit of my stomach. Putting this picture into context this morning hasn't changed the heaviness, but it has introduced shame. I feel shame for America's leaders who have turned their backs not only on Israel, but on America. Our government has dismissed our allies and embraced our enemies. Dismissed our Constitution, people, religion and laws being devoid of conscience and consequence. I am daily sickened by the lack of resistance to the power hungry lawlessness of our governing branches.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." Have we so few good men?

Anonymous said...

Yes, Juice I had/have the reaction sad to the pit of my soul.
The good men we have I fear are easily corrupted, those not in office are out here thinking we are doing the right thing by working hard and voting as best we can.
It is difficult to imagine how the military and law enforcement would react to battling Americans at home.
george

Chuck Martel said...

You can't believe what Paul Craig Roberts writes. He's one of those 9/11 Truthers. He now wishes he had never worked in the Reagan administration.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Thanks Chuck - good to know.

Anonymous said...

Good plan Rodger.
A couple of words elaborating on your National Security Rule:
"Your best friend, your worst enemy."
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all."
Gen. James Mattis, USMC
Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick

DougM said...

This insane idea that by reducing our imperialist aims, we can reduce our military to a small defense force has been proven wrong, again and again. The reason our military is relatively large, compared to Europe, say, is because Europe depends on American military power as an umbrella (it also provides "adult supervision"). Without the US, it's 1914/1939 all over again. The biggest problem is that, without fully kickass conventional forces, we fall back onto nuclear deterrence. That's not only the old MAD and worthless in a local or limited war or for kicking invaders out of occupied territory, it assumes a rational adversary whose main goal is to protect their motherland. Achmadinejad is not of that ilk.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.