Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Jump in the boat for God's sake!

O wants national ID card for online commentary

Federalized security screening at airports has been such a success that President Obama wants to apply the same government "expertise" to the realm of online commerce and commentary.  The White House cybersecurity adviser joined Commerce Secretary
Mentally Ill Obama
 Gary Locke on Jan. 7 to announce what amounts to a national ID card for the Internet.

Their plan is straightforward. Instead of logging onto Facebook or one's bank using separate passwords established with each individual company or website, the White House will take the lead in developing what it calls an "identity ecosystem" that will centralize personal information and credentials.  ... Obama's Internet passport
I forgot who tipped me to this over the weekend, but it's just ... just so over the top, even for this regime,  that I'm speechless, gobsmacked and projectile vomiting.  This old joke will have to suffice.

There was a huge flood in a village.

One man said to everyone as they evacuated, "I'll stay! God will save me!"

The flood got higher and a boat came, and the man in it said "Come on mate, get in!"

"No" replied the man. "God will save me!"

The flood got very high now and the man had to stand on the roof of his house.

A helicopter soon came and the man offered him help. "No, God will save me!" he said.

Eventually the man drowned.

He got by the gates of heaven and he said to God, "Why didn't you save me?"

God replied, "For goodness sake! I sent a boat and a helicopter. What more do you want!"

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would Orwell have moved to Borneo by now?

Anonymous said...

Personally, I'm going to stick around for the hanging.

Casca

Anonymous said...

Casca, hanging isn't likely, so I'll settle for a grand repudiation, humiliation and deportation. But if you can make it happen, I'll vote for you for any office you want to run for.
Lt. Col. en. Tailgunner dick

Wabano said...

Google, Youtube, yahoo, blogger et al
try every month or so to automatically merge all my accounts.

Doing so scramble all my passwords and I lose all access.

Only after digging for four hours every time do I manage to disconnect the lot.

That would by O'Bummer's work or influence as all these are supposed to be competing...

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm lurking around south of the border for the economic opportunities. But I'll come back when the shooting starts.

Or for the next election.

"Bullets work just as well as ballots, but ballots are cheaper.
--John W.Campbell

Anonymous said...

Dick, I knew I could count on your support. The American people are slow to anger, but the fallout of currency collapse will reveal the hard nut of pragmatism that is at the core of our culture. I see the old boy having his Mussolini moment.

Casca

Anonymous said...

"identity ecosystem" Good Lord Orwell could not write this stuff. Assuredly, when e-med records are available it will be the number one credential in hiring. If you have a significant event with ongoing treatment, you'll never get another job again. You can bet employers will be able to access this the same way insurance companies can. Along with this, every airline Captain I know will be out of a job.

Cheesy said...

Not to mention when all this personal info is available in one easy location, hackers will figure out how to access it.

Chuck Martel said...

At times like these, I find it's always helpful to consider Mao's "gun/power" quote complete and in context. Here we go . . .

"Every communist must grasp the truth, "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party. Yet, having guns, we can create Party organizations, as witness the powerful Party organizations which the Eighth Route Army has created in northern China. We can also create cadres, create schools, create culture, create mass movements. Everything in Yenan has been created by having guns. All things grow out of the barrel of a gun." -- Mao Zedong, "Problems of War and Strategy", (1938).

DougM said...

Great!
How do I get one'a 'em ID cards?
Just submit my birth certificate or something?

Anonymous said...

you are welcome Rodge. Glad I could contribute.

Touring word: Lenifin, what you get when you add Left, Lenin, and the end as we know it.

Anonymous said...

If a Mexican [or Iranian] citizen can easily get a fake ID...

Most appropriate joke evah.

e~C

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.