Thursday, June 02, 2011

A Novel

Special pre-publishing peek at my new novel, "I SAID I WANTED 'CHOVIE'S"

"What are you doing— what is that thing," the captive gasped?

"This? This is a 12 volt battery.  These are jumper cables." He pointed at the man's crotch, "and those are your wee balls."

The captive's naked body was restrained in a metal chair, by what looked like seat belts.  He could see the shadowy figures of  maybe  a half dozen people. Two appeared to be women.  The single  bulb hanging overhead, the only light in the room, a garage perhaps, was the stuff of B movies. A blinking red light from a tripod mounted video camera meant this was being taped.

"Do you know who the fuck I am? "  demanded the captive?  "Do you have any idea of the forces being mobilized to find me?  And  you?"

"No asshole.  We randomly snatch people from the Congressional Country Club golf course, after neutralizing a small army of armed guards, with no idea who we're snatching. Are you— I don't know? Are you Trini Lopez?  Brad Pitt? Lady Gaga? "

The leader touched the cable leads, held just inches from the captive's eyes.   Snap!  They crackled, producing bright sparks. An electric ozone smell filled the space. .













"Who are you people? You'll be lucky to just spend the rest of your lives in prison for this," threatened the captive. 

His  bravado wasn't feigned, reeking instead of  arrogant defiance. The leader's wan smile disappeared entirely.

"Oh my.  I guess we're all to cock then.  But then,  you're all airy-fairy yourself right now, wouldn't you agree? So you—   you Mr. important person, are here to  tell me everything I want to know."

The threat was punctuated by another SNAP! Another brief crackling light show. 

"To insure that we get everything we want, we'll start with these clamped to your  balls. I hear it's painful as a root canal.  Then, after we discover you've been lying to us, we'll move to — are you  familiar with the term water boarding?  A nasty business. The Pope would turn Baptist after just a few hours of it.  So trust me, you will cooperate.

"What in hell are you talking about!?"  What do I have to tell you? Security codes?   What the fuck  am I supposed to say?" 

The captive's fear was now palpable, and smelling of ammonia.  When the leader briefly touched the electrodes to  his nose, he yelped. Urine had  involuntarily streamed, leaving a puddle on the concrete floor.  The leader suppressed a grin at the thought  "free electrolyte." 

  "What do we want?  Everything. You will tell us everything. Starting with how you came to earth."

 
Chapter II, pp 42

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, you really need to check out John Ringo's "Ghost" series from publisher Baen Books (a conservative-run (though not necessarily everyone published their is a conservative -- one of their bigger authors is a trotskyist) scifi\fantasy\technothrilller publisher).

This could fit easily into several of his books....

Chadd said...

LTC (ret) Tom Kratman is another good author from Baen. I think the Barn Army folks would get a kick out of his "Carnifex" series.

Ralph Gizzip said...

Mein Gott! They've captured Obama!

Jim - PRS said...

Sign me up for one.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Okay! The ending is just smashing. Ahem.

Anonymous said...

We need more information - like title, publisher and estimated date of publication.

Anonymous said...

Background music : Great Balls of Fire? ;-)

Rodger the Real King of France said...

The working title is "I SAID I WANTED 'CHOVIE'S." The publisher is waiting for the other 346 pages to be completed before committing. But, I know their tricks by now. If I send them a full manuscript they'll use it as some trumped up reason to reject it. I'm one step ahead of them by now. Bastids.

pdwalker said...

I can't decide if this is gripping or shocking.

I guess I'll have to see the other 346 pages before I'll know

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.