Monday, June 06, 2011

USB Monitor

Now we need a computer that runs off its own USB
USB 24''
USB-powered monitors started out small but are finally getting big enough to serve as a main display. The 24-inch ASUS MS248B is brought to life with a single cable courtesy of USB 3.0's extra current and bandwidth. What's more, this is achieved with few compromises: the LED monitor is just 16.5mm (0.66-inches) thick, does 1080p with a 2ms response time and has a 10000000:1 contrast ratio (although this last spec requires the usual seasoning). Some extras did have to be thrown overboard to bring power consumption down -- there's no additional USB or audio ports, webcam, card reader or ability to daisy-chain. But then, how much could you achieve with a mere 9W? engadget
I can't find a price for this, but Amazon has this item.
Lilliput 7" Um-70 Mini USB Monitor(non-touch Screen) by Lilliput Buy new$1,099.95 $109.99
I'll guess then that the ASUS 24-inch ASUS MS248B  will debut sell for $654,000, but drop to $129.95 six months later.


Attn: Alear -

3 comments:

Alear said...

Heya Rodg,
Not in the market for USB monitor, got plenny plugs around here. My question is, you still get a cut off of Amazon? I can't see it, and I'm thinking of getting this Neato Vacuum. It's either you or Glenn Reynolds.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Look up Alear ... :)

JMcD said...

And speaking of computers, my IE8 got corrupted and would not repair so I updated to IE9 (again) so I don't know if I'll be able to post comments. I couldnt the last time I tried to use IE9.......
Fingers crossed.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.