Saturday, August 27, 2011

Blow Me Gore

The Katrina Syndrome
Spitting in the Devils Eye

A not ill wind

Every year since Katrina hit, the National Hurricane Center has forecast "a season of increased activity with more named storms"

Every year we've had fewer/

One day there WILL be a season as they forecast (except that year they'll probably forecast a calmer season) but that will be chance not "expertise"

Obama needs a crisis or two to take the focus off his incompetence. The AGW crowd need something to try give some credence to their claims - If something big and dramatic doesn't happen soon, they may lose all that money they've been extorting from us.

Meanwhile, Mother Nature carries on just playing with us.

Dr. Simon Atkins, CEO, Advanced Forecasting Corporation


I know.  For posting this we'll soon lose power and have an oak tree fall on the roof.  But, this guy is nevertheless spot-on.


8 comments:

Tom Mann said...

Is that Annapolis City Dock and The Naval Academy in the background?

Anonymous said...

Since they are the ones who classify the storms, they have no trouble at all at very closely hitting their predictions.

Weather they are factual, or not.

jd

PS - pun intentional.

Skoonj said...

They always make the same predictions and they are always wrong. You get better predictions from Groundhog Day.

Anonymous said...

"Oh, so mother nature needs a favor? Well, maybe she should have thought of that when she was besetting us with droughts and floods and poison monkeys." - Mr. Burns, from the Simpsons (1989-)

It's a bright, warm sunny day here just North of Detroit. I'm going to see Alice Cooper this evening. Doesn't look like such a nice day in your neighborhood, Rodger. Make sure you keep all your people safe.
GrinfilledCelt

Rodger the Real King of France said...

With respect Celt, I think any day may be better than one in Detroit. Or should I say "Sunny Detroit?"

Tom:

I have no idea

Anonymous said...

FYI: 1. I didn't say "in" Detroit. 2. Detroit is bad but not nearly as bad as it's reputation. I lived there briefly and my brother has lived there for many years just a few blocks from where Tiger Stadium used to be. There used to be a crack house on the same block (since burned down). A large family of Mexicans live next door to him (great parties!) and a church on the other side. So many houses have been torn down that the view isn't bad at all. All of my experience with the neighborhood's denizens (including the guys from the crack house) have been pleasant and friendly. I never felt the need to own a gun. OTOH, I always locked my car and never left anything valuable in it. At night I don't hang around on the corner with hundred dollar bills hanging out of my pocket. Even though it's more depressed than most, I really don't think that it's much worse than any other (formerly) big city.
GrinfilledCelt

Anonymous said...

You're right Celt. You don't think. You're from Michigan.

Casca

TheOldMan said...

The only good view of Deeetroit is in the rear view mirror getting smaller. I did 20 yrs in or next to Detroit, including riots. I think Mayor Bing has good ideas and perhaps enough horsepower to ram them through. He's the best mayor since the late 50s/early 60s. Good luck.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.