Sunday, September 11, 2011

Krugman Sees His Shadow

ALTERNATIVE AMERICANS
Krugman Sees His Shadow


Conscience of a Liberal

CONSCIENCE OF A LIBERAL
Paul Krugman - New York Times Blog

The Years of Shame

Is it just me, or are the 9/11 commemorations oddly subdued?

Actually, I don’t think it’s me, and it’s not really that odd.

What happened after 9/11 — and I think even people on the right know this, whether they admit it or not — was deeply shameful. Te atrocity should have been a unifying event, but instead it became a wedge issue. Fake heroes like Bernie Kerik, Rudy Giuliani, and, yes, George W. Bush raced to cash in on the horror. And then the attack was used to justify an unrelated war the neocons wanted to fight, for all the wrong reasons. [...]

The memory of 9/11 has been irrevocably poisoned; it has become an occasion for shame. And in its heart, the nation knows it.

I’m not going to allow comments on this post, for obvious reasons.

Conscience of a Liberal. Yup. To absolutely no one's surprise.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought Krugman was just a loony Leftist idiot. Now I see he's also to be despised. He's just been added to my list for after the Restoration.
Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick

Anonymous said...

The only obvious reason I can think of not to allow others to comment is that this prick POS thinks his is the only opinion that matters. There's a special place in hell for smug, cowardly MFs like Krugman. Can you start a vat in the Pissatorium for this idiot's grave?

MJW

Jim - PRS said...

The world needs Paul Krugman Urinal Stickers.

Jess said...

Fake heroes? Oh, I forgot. Krugman typed away in his daily effort to contribute. The world is a better place due to the spare electrons he wasted. He has the right to criticize those that were responsible for helping those that died.

I-RIGHT-I said...

He's just been added to my list for after the Restoration.
Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick


Guys like that should convert to Christianity just to thank Jesus that He's pulled in the reigns on guys like me.

But he'll get his Tailgunner and take heart, according to the Creator of the Univers the SOB is already dead, he just don't know it.

Anonymous said...

*comment redacted due to extremely unladylike language*

e~C

DougM said...

You've stepped in it, now, Paul. I wouldn't wanna be in your shoes.
Claire's gone all unladylike on you.
(What? Oh, yeah, that's bad ... and deserved.)

Cheesy said...

But Krugman isn't "cashing in" by writing circular file fodder like this.
I agree, what a douche.

WV - sychosis
- how appropriate.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.