Saturday, September 03, 2011

Perry Supported by CAIR? SAY IT AIN"T SO - Okay, it's not.

Governor Perry's Islam Connection
Being a lifelong critic of Islam, red flags popped up in my head at Perry's purported cozy relationship with Islam

Lopping Head Home Study


Another line of argument implying Perry's Islamic leanings, if not his out-and-out support, pertains to inclusion of Islam in the state's educational curriculum.  I looked closely into that claim, because it is indeed a critical juncture where young minds can indeed be influenced.

The nuggets of the Muslim history curriculum Perry helped coordinate in Texas are summarized below.  It says:

   1. Countries of Western Civilization have secular governments, which means great toleration of cultural and religious differences.
   2. Countries of Islamic Civilization for the most part either have religiously dominated governments or demands to make them more religious, which means less toleration of cultural and religious differences.
   3. Muslims often lack respect for Western traditions and points of view. The Muslim relationship to the West is colored by the belief that Western beliefs [whether Christian or atheist] are defective and therefore inferior to Islam.
[American Thinker Full]


PS, from the article - "Although Perry's cordial relationship with the Ismailis is indeed true, it hardly warrants alarm.  What is more disturbing is the claim, nearly all of it originating from one source (Debbie Schlussel?), that Governor Perry is supported by CAIR."


9 comments:

Hell_Is_Like_Newark said...

The more I learn of Perry, the more he seem to me to be a political animal and opportunist. Perry it seems will modify his beliefs to match the moment and maximize his political capital.

Not the type of person you want in charge when the shit hits the fan.

toadold said...

I see the seminar trolls are out early this morning.
I'm busy helping the environment, doing laundry.
This way kids wont faint or birds fall out of the sky.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Sarah Palin is my man, but she's pulling a Fred Thompson right now and I fear she's optioned out. I love everything Bachman says, and she's uber consistent, but Michelle would have to spend 100% of her time on defense against the Obama media during the general election campaign. But screw it, if Palin doesn't run I'm with her.

Disclosure: If nominated I will run. If elected, there will be righteous smiting galore.

Ahem.

Anonymous said...

IMO, one does need to keep reminding Perry who elected him, and he is foremost a politician. However, he does have good points.
mary

toadold said...

The exploding head ticket. Palin/Perry. Perry for two terms then Palin for two terms after that. After Perry the Palin/Rubio ticket to lead into the Rubio/Rodger' Grandaughter ticket. I Think the ages work out?

Anonymous said...

Michelle Malkin, not a Perry fan, did a thorough debunking of both Schlussel and Pam Gellar's claims about Perry and the Islmos. She even has excerpts from the text books in question. - 1911Man

I-RIGHT-I said...

There's just something wrong with shoeshull. If I could put my finger on it I wouldn't.

Perry has been saying all the right things and he's be catching pure hell for it. I'll vote for anyone not on the GOP "insiders" wish list. If Mittens gets the nod I think I'm leaving the country and moving to Idaho.

Anonymous said...

Save me a spot, I-Right. Hell save us all a spot. We're gonna need it, my guess is, no matter what.

Sir H the Comet

Greenleaf said...

Sarah is my man too-anyone that takes these polls, that show her way behind to everyone, at face value, has the left dominated media living in their heads. I don't believe them for a second. There simply is no one on our side that can galvanize conservatives like she does.

My dad, a belly gunner in WWll, always used to say, you can tell when you're over the target because you're drawing fire. And Kommader Kobe telegraphs his upcoming campaign to smear Romney and what do we see? Not a thing. Don't make me laugh.

She is the real deal-whatinthehell is there to argue about? Her values are solid. Her life's work has shown she's doesn't take crap from Republicans or dems. Show me one finger in the wind stance she's ever taken.

She's been OUT FRONT, taking the arrows for conservatives since President Motown was elected.

Take away conservative talkers on the radio and who else was speaking for me? Who else used their political capital actually working for and endorsing Tea Party candidates in the mid terms?

This is exactly and I mean EXACTLY the same kind of things that were said about Reagan. From his incompetence to his unelectability, THE SAME THING.

The fact is when we nominate true conservatives, we win. When we have articulate conservative nominees, we win. I will puke if we run Romney.
MM

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.