Friday, September 30, 2011

Transgender & the Military

’ activists call for end to military ban on transgenders


Knowing that I'm an expert in military history, Justin Credible asked me what to expect when the inevitable happens, and Democrats transgender the military?  

Gen Monty (colorized)I went immediately to my files on the British army,  which has rather famously been "transgendered" for centuries, as witness Bernard Montgomery (colorised) .  Aside from a good deal of prancing and mincing about on the parade field, and some rather colorful clothing and accouterments (rhinestone brassieres), the Brits have maintained an enviable history of military success.  I do note that this page↓ from the British Army Field Handbook evidences an attempt to, well , tone down practices that have raised eyebrows when they share the battlefield with allies.

This page

In summation, I would expect more colorful uniforms; allowable use of make-up amongst the officer corps, and possibly the ranks, and crotchless panties to replace the traditional "skivvies." I expect the Marines to successfully reject the use of colored mascara and bright lipsticks however.  


7 comments:

BlogDog said...

Glamourflage! It's FAABBuLOUS!

El Jefe said...

I'm in the middle of Farago's "Patton" and I truly believe that Monty's policies are finally coming to <a hfref="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol5Dfs7jqFI>fruition</a>

El Jefe said...

Oops, that's supposed to be: fruition

- no preview here in Bahrain

pdwalker said...

Ah, yes. Monty Python's Precision Order Prancing

whitestone said...

... after having gone through the seemingly never ending power point presentation that accompanied DADT's demise, I can only imagine what is in store for us next... Girding my Loins here, Boss

I-RIGHT-I said...

Somebody needs to go through the Dept. of Defense with a flamethrower. Will the new Republican administration do that? No, hell no they will not.

Esteve said...

Things will only get worse. Keep in mind that most officers are products of todays universities. Esperience tells us that the political officer rises faster and higher than the warrior.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.