Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Likes Italian Beef ..


Today's Mail
 


Italian Beef

Ro[d]ger, you are the man!


Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, I did your Italian Beef today and it was DELICIOUS!  I ate a big sammich and then ladled up a coffee cup full of the hot broth and drank it.  Then I put my head in the slow cooker afterwards and licked the bowl clean. The ROI on this thing is awesome!

Mrs H could not fit her itty-bitty head in the slow cooker bowl at the same time I was licking it clean, and now she’s pissed at me, but what else is new.

Thank you for this,

Sincerely,

Sir H the (stuffed to the gills) Comet


Aw shucks H - twern't nuthin'.  But thanks.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think he likes it.
GrinfilledCelt

Anonymous said...

I love coming here for all things cultural. Cooking is near a lost art. First it was TV dinners and than McD's. I make my own bread, bagels, and tortillas. It's a mind set and thus lifestyle. Like family. Thanks Rodg!
Tim

Anonymous said...

I microwaved a leftover cup of the broth this morning and drank it while the coffee was brewing, straight up no chasher, and kinda thinking coffee is dead to me now. Your mileage, it may vary.

Sir H the Comet.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Hoe the hell did you get so much juice? I'm having to double. maybe triple the liquids next time.

Anonymous said...

No Chateaubriand for Sir H. It would kill him.

Casca

Anonymous said...

It may be the kind of hoe you are using, my Liege. I used one of those big sumbitches used by my ancestors for choppin' cotton.

Actually, we didn't get all that much juice; I was just shinin' everbody on about drinking a cup this morning. Recipe calls for three cups of water, our cooker has a fairly tight lid so not much evaporation, might maybe have precipitated another cup out of the meat but probably ended up with about what we started with. Sorry......

Sir H

Anonymous said...

I still want to know why you use a slow cooker instead of a pressure cooker. Fessing up to the idea that cooking under pressure scares you is perfectly OK. I don't own a crockpot, and can't see why I would.

Casca

Anonymous said...

Casca, Mrs H owns a crock pot, but not a pressure cooker. Open to recommendation as to make and model to acquire, however. Our twentieth anniversary is coming up next month, I'm sure that would go over real big.

Sir H the (duck and cover) Comet

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.