Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Wounded vet has guns confiscated

   
Men! We're ridin'
into Injin Country
and get my G'damn
guns back !








                                                           
Burn
Chocolate
City!


After being injured on his second tour of duty in Afghanistan, Lt. Augustine Kim spent the night in a D.C. jail for possessing unregistered guns. 

Mr. Kim was transporting his firearms from his parents’ house in New Jersey to South Carolina when he stopped at Walter Reed in Washington for a medical appointment in the summer of 2010.

After being pulled over, handcuffed, arrested, thrown in jail overnight, his guns were confiscated by the city.

In the end, the platoon leader felt forced to plead guilty to a misdemeanor charge, which was later dismissed, but the District still refuses to return to him $10,000 worth of firearms and parts. The national guardsman will deploy to Kosovo this summer. The city should return his property before he leaves to serve our nation overseas for the third time. [Full Story]


Beat That Caption! 

Related story: MILLER: D.C.’s mayor holds up gun rights

8 comments:

Jess said...

I'm thinking sufficient justice would involve the tank platoon visiting the impound facility with the offer of a solution:

If you give me back my guns, I won't turn this city block into rubble.

Anonymous said...

My guess is the property folks make some nice change selling off weapons on gunbroker, and pretending they've been dumped at sea, by mistake of course.

Casca

Anonymous said...

Thanks much, email sent to my representative.

DougT said...

To Quote Sgt. Quincannon:
"Laddie, I've never gone any place peaceably in me life. . . . Men! Now, we want no unpleasantness.
A toast first and the guardhouse after, if you're able."

DougM said...

Ahh, "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon."
One of my all-time favorite movies.
Joanne Dru, hubba.
DougT, you're right, TopSgt Quincannon is one'a McLaglan's finest.
My favorite part is Cap'n Brittles (John Wayne) gold-watch scene. The Duke's embarrassment with the reading glasses is terrific.
But, as Sgt Tyree (Ben Johnson) would'a said, "That ain't my department."

Anonymous said...

A one letter change: Idjit Country. -- Skyhawker, Doug

Anonymous said...

Great movie... "I am a Christian, Hallelujah! Where's the whiskey?"
--Chief Pony that Walks

DougT said...

DougM,
I love too many parts of that movie to count - in fact, the whole "cavalry trilogy" from Ford and Wayne. I particularly like the report from the patrol near the beginning where one of the troopers says, "It was Redshirt himself,Captain,the black-hearted gut-eatin . . . " (I swear he finished with "savage," but haven't seen an unedited (TCM, AMC) version in some time). Reminded me of Lizzie Warren.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.