Monday, July 02, 2012

iPads and Toasters

                                                                                                                                                                                             Gizmos   

Bless me Father for I have ...



Gizmo MF

I have to admit one thing --- our Friday guest stopped in Delaware (no sales tax) and bought some big-ass MAC, that was still in the box— she brought it in so it wouldn't be stolen form the car—  and an iPad. 

Since the iPad came with zero  written directions, she asked me to  figure out how to get out of the "airplane mode" she was stuck in, and hook her up to my wireless.  In the process of learning how to do all this (first one I'd held in my grubby little hands) I became envious.  There was a day when I'd have been first on the block to own one, but those days are gone.  Right now I just want a fricken toaster that will toast a bagel in less than 3 minutes, and the muscles to chop wood at a decent rate.



8 comments:

James Hooker, Nipple Whisperer said...

I´ve got, or have had, every mac out of the blocks. Didn´t need an iPad though. Then, SHMBO (who don´t know a computer from a Model T) up and bought one. Not nary an instruction. It´s JUST enough different from my normal OS to have driven me absolutely around the bend bugshit crazy. I hung in there though and now I want one. However,I´ll poke my eye with a sharp stick before I try a stunt like that again.

James Hooker, Nipple Whisperer said...

Bless me Father for I have typeoed...SWMBO, dummy.

Anonymous said...

[That don't start with a 'H'?!?
who knew?]

Glad to see ya up and runnin, Rodgie. Been thinking about you and the lovely and talented MoSup in this time of "Straight Storms" and power grid failures...

e~C

PS -- I want one, too.
Not gonna, but......
*sigh* sometimes I hate being an adult.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

It was Hell, e~C, but they couldn't make me talk!

Anonymous said...

A Swiss Army Knife wif a speculum?
Angus

DougM said...

• $1400 for a Swiss Army knife,
and in the first week you lose either the toothpick or tweezers.
• Just occurred to me that the most useless flip-out gizmo on a Swiss Army knife would be a hone for the other blades.
Well, okay, if it replaced the toothpick or tweezers in their slots, yeah.

pdwalker said...

When the ipad first came out, I wasn't impressed.

When the second version came out, I was intrigued, but that was it. The missus went out and bought me one.

Ugh. Damn things are addictive and highly usable. A warning to the rest of you out there - don't look at them. Don't use them. They'll draw you in and drain your wallet.

BobG said...

I like the lanyard ring. Can't you just imagine that monstrosity dangling from your keychain?

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.