Friday, July 13, 2012

Pumpkin Cookery Tin

                                                                                                                                                                                             Gizmos   
Pumpkin Rose T-Bread
Krusty Morsels

Res Ipsa Loquitor


MoSup will be returning from the sea-side resort tomorrow.  As is my wont, I wanted to have a surprise for her, aside from all the tiling, spackling and crown molding.  .  Perfect!  This is what I had in mind when I bought this Nordic Ware Rose Bundt Pan from Woot! ($17.95). 

Pumpkin tea bread (remember?)  is the family's all time favorite dessert.  I mean most everyone in the family will request this for a birthday cake.  One problem is, and I won't name Hucker, Loo-Loo and Greeper here, but some relish the outer crust so much that oft times it looks like mice have been into it when it's rolled out.  See all those eskers, dells, dunes and ridges?  I figure the Krusty crust surface area is at least doubled.  And hey, I'm going to use it to make a mashed potato rose and a meatloaf rose, and wow, the fun never ends.

I'm very pleased with myself.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any man devoted to family can be pleased with himself.
Tim

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin Tea cake. Is that cuz you're supposed to server tea with it? I don't see any tea in the recipe...

Helly said...

Good job, Rodge. I like it, but they ran out.

As all 'welcome home' gifts should, it screams, "I was miserable without you."

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.