Sunday, July 15, 2012

USB Web Action Snooper


TECHNO CHILLS                               




A small but intelligent light





Do you want to know if a friend has signed onto Skype, but don't want a window popping up every time anyone has logged on? Do you want to be notified when a long download has finished? Do you want to know the snow conditions at Tahoe without checking every hour? Do you want to make a "busy" light for your office that glows red when your calendar says you're in a meeting?

You can do all four at once: you can simultaneously control as many blink(1)s as you have USB ports. Have a 36-port USB hub? You can fill it with 36 blink(1)s, each of which is showing a different piece of information.
[Kick Starter needs seed money]

Before 9-11 I'd have said "Horry Clap!  What a neat thing and  I want one!" Today— I have visions of gummint people thinking of ways to use this technology against people who use this technology.  Because that's where we are.


Today's prescient tip: The man with a mimeograph machine and supplies is tomorrow's patriot.

3 comments:

Helly said...

I love the smell of mimeo in the morning.

Since I missed the bundt pan deal, I'm buying into the iBlink right away. Every time you post, I'm gonna get a flashing red/blue light. Then I can chart your sleep patterns and strike when you're drowsy. Good night.

Anonymous said...

It might be time to terminate Helly's command.

Casca

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Casca - please arrange for a guard at my door at night.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.